Project hakka

Noise
This post is 2792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally got round to putting the seat foam on and the rear indicators, just waiting on the 2nd new ignition barrel to arrive to see if I can get her to start.

DSC_0335_zpsf9gnperw.jpg

Bandit stickers on

DSC_0333_zpsoo3z4aua.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsssl3n66v.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

And...............she lives!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

WHAT!!! Nice sound mate well done.:yay:

• Like 1

It almost sounds like a V8 on tick over

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! she's booked in for her MOT on Wednesday, fingers crossed she gets the ok as im itching to get back out!

here's a little video of her going up the road, bit of a poor vid as it was a spur of the moment one the wife done.

• Like 2

Thanks Kev, will have to change your comment tho as she "did" look good untill yesterday. Not a good day really, after the MOT to which she failed on petty little things: like, indicators flashing too fast, exhaust is louder than a standard motorcycle and number plate light angled in such a way that its emitting white light to the rear..............ridding home to put her away till after work and something fuzzy (thing it was a rabbit) ran out and hit the chain, cousing it to miss enline and snap on the rear sprocket. The chain then whipped up smashing the seat unit, then wrapped itself around the front sprocket towhich it then bent the clutch push rod and blew a hole in the sprocket cover.

Thankfully it didn't wrap around the rear sprocket and lock up the wheel as i was doing 70 down a duel carrageway, sad thing was that for the 3 hrs i was at the side of the road only two people stopped to help.

So its back into the shed for now, really hoping that the clutch pushrod hasn't done any internal damage to the engine.

Oh dear, not sure what an eline is but sounds pretty scary.

that is a bummer it also sounds like your MOTer is a bit over zealous, should see the angle of my reg plate

Oh that's a bummer Noise. Clutch pushrod should be ok tho as it only runs through the engine and nothing else is attached to it, casings are easy to replace and sprockets are not a major problem it's just all that work fucked up cos of a rabbit, wanna borrow my gun? Gun-Shoot-Rabbit.gif

• Like 1

Shit dude that was a lucky escape, could've gone much worse!

Pesky rabbits, I hit one the other day, chopped it in half, twitchy bum moment lol.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

O yes slice I'd love to borrow your gun, I'd go take out all the rabbits that seam to line up at the side of the road every morning when I goto work. It's like they take it in turns on that road.

Yer it could have been so much worse and I must thank who ever or whatever was looking out for me that day!

Here are the pics of the damage.

Side of the road after pulling chain out

DSC_0363_zpswyxb13pt.jpg

Sprocket cover

DSC_0364_zpsb72vwmj4.jpg

Seat unit 

DSC_0365_zpsvdupo8bq.jpg

DSC_0366_zpszr69zgax.jpg

Push rod

DSC_0367_zps41v4dpvh.jpg

Where the push rod goes, this is my worry as not sure if it's going to seal now?

DSC_0368_zpscw8twc75.jpg

New parts where ordered this morning and all on 24 - 48 courier so will hopefully get her moving again by sunday if all goes well. 

:eek2:

With the chain coming up and whipping the seat, it seems you're also lucky it didn't hit you! Scary! Glad it wasn't worse... as we all know, parts are replaceable, people are not.

• Like 1

Thanks hun, yer it all kinda hit home while I was sat at the side of the road thinking what could have happened. 

Almost makes you think twice about riding bikes,

but then again............BIKES ARE AWESOME!!!!!! 

• Like 4

Christ Noise you almost lost your left arse cheek mate. stock-vector-vector-scared-smiley-face-1

• Like 1

Think we do haha, guys at work are loving it as they are leaving me Duracell batteries, pictures of rabbits and even a toy rabbit with its head cut off on my work bench haha.

thankfully I have managed to get the clutch push rod seal out and all is fine behind it! So a new seal has been ordered and should be here by Wednesday. New chain arrived today and the push rod and sprocket cover will be here tomorrow. Just a case of getting motivated to start all that fibreglass again. 

• Like 2

Oh , the lads at work would love that alright ! Feckers , lol .  I remember there was a car park being built across the lane from a courier company I used to work for . One of the lads left his KH100 outside the job and when he came out to get it he couldn't find it . Because the lads had climbed up and dragged it to the third level of scaffolding ! Those funny lads eh !

• Like 2

I think this was a bit of pay back from them as one of the lads blocked me in with his car when i was on the ten ton forklift. he refused to move it........so i kindly picked it up and placed it out of the way ontop of the curtain slider container we have on site. funny thing was he couldn't see it and actually thought someone else moved it :huh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Noise said:

funny thing was he couldn't see it and actually thought someone else moved it :huh:

Yep , same as our victim ! The lads had him running up and down the lane looking for his bike for ages before he spotted it up on the scaffolding on it's sidestand . lol

• Like 2