Project hakka

Noise
This post is 2773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Fuck me he's one of those folks haha

I'll upload them tonight, work has blocked all media sharing unfortunatly.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
6 hours ago, Noise said:

Fuck me

Not whilst there's dead dogs in the street  ;)

• Like 1

Here we go guys, I'll let the pics tell the story:

Got lots more shiny bits through the door today but no pics yet

• Like 1

Hey Noise. That second last pic, is that an oil breather, and does it have a non return valve

Ooooh now I look the look of that exhaust! What make? Or is it a custom jobbie?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

see you've been on the China sites ;)

I got the levers from there and have done a track day with them on

12 hours ago, jimmy said:

Hey Noise. That second last pic, is that an oil breather, and does it have a non return valve

Yer thats an oil breather, bolts in where the oil filler cap goes. Not sure if it has a non return valve, will have to check it out when i get home. im sure it will have

11 hours ago, finnerz89 said:

Ooooh now I look the look of that exhaust! What make? Or is it a custom jobbie?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Its a aftermarket Cafe racer exhaust from the bay of E. seen it, loved it, bought it haha.

11 hours ago, drewpy said:

see you've been on the China sites ;)

I got the levers from there and have done a track day with them on

Didn't buy anything from the china sites buddy as it takes too long to get here, but im sure they did come from China tho haha, are they as ggod as they look then?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noise said:

Yer thats an oil breather, bolts in where the oil filler cap goes. Not sure if it has a non return valve, will have to check it out when i get home. im sure it will have

Its a aftermarket Cafe racer exhaust from the bay of E. seen it, loved it, bought it haha.

Didn't buy anything from the china sites buddy as it takes too long to get here, but im sure they did come from China tho haha, are they as ggod as they look then?

the Banggood site has a European warehouse now.

So far they have been good

• Like 1

Cool, well I'm sure we will see how they stand up to all weather use in the coming months I spose. 

Going to try and get a few hours build time in tonight and tomorrow I'll grit blast the fuel tank and get it ready for paint.

All new bits n bobs fitted today.

DSC_0247_zpsqyar5whs.jpg

DSC_0248_zps7uwx6wxj.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsijfma4vv.jpg

And two coats of British racing green with a black base coat ready for flatting and gloss, ignore the fag ash 

DSC_0250_zpsg3g03xtp.jpg

Love the finish on the engine side covers, enjoy setting the engine up with those filters, been there and would swap out the airbox as a very, very last resort.

But the turd in the pool for me, is that spedo. uggh.

Move the key or go keyless and site it in the ig switch recess at a push but even then...

I know what you mean bud, if I could I'd mount it on the side like I did with Betty, but sadly that's the only place it can go so I can see it. 

Might look better when the rest of the front end is on????

4 hours ago, Cynic said:

Love the finish on the engine side covers, enjoy setting the engine up with those filters, been there and would swap out the airbox as a very, very last resort.

But the turd in the pool for me, is that spedo. uggh.

Move the key or go keyless and site it in the ig switch recess at a push but even then...

like this, fancy this for the tracker upgrade

http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/rfid-ignition-lock-m-lock/m-lock/m-lock-rfid-zundschloss.html

• Like 1

Now that is really cool!

Looking good buddy. I love how clean the engine looks. Id love to pull my engine out and give her a makeover but with show season starting soon i cant be bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So all is going well she's starting to look more like a bike again but I'm stuck, still waiting on the seat unit to arrive and so far the tracking info states that it's had two failed collections as the parcel wasn't packed and the other one was that the sender wasn't at the unit to open up shop! So a slightly snotty email sent stating I want it dispatched tomorrow if not I shall be naming and shaming him.

Middle of January, found out that it has now finally been dispatched and had a big appoligy from him.

Just hope it get here for Friday so i can get on it

Seat unit finally arrived today, now to hatch a plan to fit it.

• Like 1