Electrics working when revving

DJYAM
This post is 3142 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yeah the bulb works. 

The only problem with soldering my own wires is tracking them back to where they came from. 

Do you know where the light is connected to on the bike? Couldn't find it on the diagram, my bike is a slightly different model to the wiring diagrams in the book. 

I wish I could test another socket on the neutral wires to see wether the problem is the socket or the wiring. 

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tested everything, the bulb socket and switch all work correctly. I traced the fault to the wire being broken. If I use a floating wire on the bulb and switch it all works well!

One last question, the oil indicator lamp comes in when in neutral. Should this happen? If not then there is a short between both neutral bulb and oil bulb negative wires. 

ONE FINAL PROBLEM - HOPEFULLY

My headlight won't come on when ticking over, it only comes on when I give it loads of revs, after that it stays on when ticking over. 

It changes brightness a lot too. Would this make the bike fail it's MOT?

The battery is charged as it gives out 6.23V or somewhere very close. 

Could the magneto be screwed? If so, is there a viable fix for these, I should imagine buying them is expensive. 

The oil light will come on while your riding. Its not an instant problem like the oil on a 4 stroke.

Should the headlight come on without the engine needing to be on? Just with the ignition on.

Only aware of one fuse from the battery live. Not sure there is any others.

Will have a look for loose connections in the morning. 

In normal use the oil light can be on for 100miles or more.

Its not an oil warning like a car its just telling you your oil tank is around 1/4 full.