New!!

This post is 3130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello! 

I've recently purchased my very own bike  - it is a 1971 Yamaha HT-1B. It's a little 90cc.  Growing up my dad and uncles were really into bikes. I was born in the Philippines and my grandpa and uncle had a motorcycle and side car business (used as taxis to pick people up and give them rides jnto town). My dad was into Hondas (he had a 1990s xl, not sure of the engine size). Recently I've gotten the itch to get my bike because my boyfriend and his dad are very interested in them. My boyfriend has about 5 he's purchased in th last few years and his dad has about 35+ he's collected over the years. They like to rebuild vintage bikes, mostly Hondas. This summer my boyfriend purchased a 175 ct1 from his dad's friend in a package deal with a 750 Honda (he's building a replica dick Mann Daytona race bike). I fell i love with this little enduro! He got it for dirt cheap ($100 with a title). I kept asking and asking his if I could buy it from his but he had a soft spot for it too. I just loved the look of these Yamaha enduros. We went to local vintage motorcycle festivals in the milwaukee area, as well as vintage days in midnohio. I was getting ancy and wanted my own little baby I could re build. As a 21 year old girl, I should be worried about shopping and what not but I'd rather spend my extra money on bike parts. I learned to ride and get comfortable on the ct1, but I'm not that big and not was even heavy for me. I'm not looking for speed, I just like 2 strokes sound and smell and everything about them. I got the perfect opportunity to get my ow Yamaha endure after checking craigslist every morning. I saw an ad for a 90cv ht1 with title and a 175MX for $500. I put it off all summer because they looked like junk in the picture and i assumed they were for how cheap the price was. Recently I looked back at the ad and looked closer. The bikes were pretty complete. My boyfriend and I decided to make the 2 hour drive and pick up the bikes, paying $225 each for our new bikes. Now I have my own little enduro but it doesn't run. Good compression but a handful of missing parts. Now I'm just working on cleaning it up (30 years of oil and mud gummed up but it was kept inside the whole time so it's in pretty good shape. That's a little about me! I really hope I can get some help on my little project. I want to do this all on my worn with little help so I can learn on the way! Thankyou!

p.s I'm in search for a seat and seat pan because mine is unusable and compleatly rotting out. Help? Also I need 2 badges! Those are necessary.

Karina 

Edited by Littlepurpleyamaha

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

BANG - One hell of an Intro!!! Need more like that!

Sincerest welcomes to the forum, Karina!!

As a 21-year-old biker, you should worry about whatever makes you happy - Forget what anyone else thinks (except me, because I'm important, of course!) and just live your life doing things you want to!

Certainly sounds like you're well on your way, with a good looking bike and the drive to get it on the road. There will be folk here who can advise on stuff, so get posting and hop right in!!

Love it! And totally agree with Ttaskmaster... do what you love. You don't have to fit into the expected 21-year-old mold. :) I too love the smell and sound of two strokes... and started out on a little (80cc) 1972 G7S. The 70s enduro style is classic!

Welcome aboard!

Hi Karina well done you, a proper intro, just ask your questions and folks will help if they can. Good luck with your project.