Yamaha YBR upgrades

D33BZT3R
This post is 3077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you want to go faster but don't want to ruin the reliability then buy another bike, no matter how you cut it if you fuck with you bike and make it more sporty then the reliability goes down as the speed picks up, basic sense really the more you take off or fiddle with the more delicate the bike becomes, you can have it bored a big bore kit fitted new jets in the carb nice shiny exhaust, all of which by the way cost a frigging fortune and you MIGHT get another 10 or 12 MPH out of it but any more and it becomes a bomb between you legs, they make these bikes for learners not racers, don't listen to folk who say you can get 100+MPH out of them cos you can't, at least not for more than 5 minutes and then it's back in the garage to rebuild it. Pass your test and go bigger it's the only sensible way.

By the way your bike is supposed to already go to 88+MPH (140KPH) how much faster do you want to go on a friggin 125?

Edited by slice

Suppose that's the best and only option and they only push 75-80 want to make 100mph but would do big bore as never trusted them I already have the Leo vince GP exhaust system and the bike has done 40,000miles so it's delicate already I was play on changing sprockets different ratio :) but don't think that would make much different I would like big air filter re jetted and a whole engine rebuild I'm talking race cam,push rods,valves ,crank,etc the whole job lot and on top I might put the 150cc on but that's a massive debate atm but much thanks to the advice I will let you know what I do with my bike cheers 

100mph YBR?

You will spend a fortune and get nowhere near. Its a 125 at the end of the day. The old school 125 could just, and that was just catch 100mph. That's with a hell of a lot more power than a YBR, something like 30hp is needed for the ton, and that's with aerodynamics in your favour too.

Buy a bigger bike, the days of worthwhile 125 tuning are looooong gone.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That would be surely hard to compete with a yzf. But if your really want to. Well doing a port and polish and bigger carb and better brakes and chassis could do the work. But for a more practical approach selling your bike and getting a higher displacement would be easier and better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online