XTZ 750 Supermoto Saga (Maybe) !

This post is 3054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Har har , Ah no , I won't piss on his parade . Why spoil the fun . I thought those Rotax V-Twins were supposed to be pretty solid as long as you keep up with the oil level/ changes .  The lad seems to have picked up a bit of knowhow on this  "build?" , lol , not sure if that's what to call the dogs dinner,so he'll be able to work on it himself  .  Anyway , got the front wheel on , fairly handily too .  We had to turn the discs back to front , or was it inside out ?  I forget , but instead of being dished outward they're dished in instead .  A 20mm wheelspacer on each side fitted perfectly .

As the discs are much bigger than original we had to make up plates to space the brakes  out . These were made up out of 4mm plate (after making a template from a thick piece of plastic), machined to very close tolerances with the big angle grinder and lovingly finished with the bastard file . The lad played a blinder on those , fair dues .  Off to the local engineering shop for stainless bolts and spacers , a tenner the lot , fitted a treat and well secure . The rear brake had to be shimmed in 10mm and that was sorted too , just have to rebuild the brake and pop it on .

The wheels are now 17in front and an 18in rear as opposed to 21in front and 17in rear so the steering will be very different to what it was before . The front wheel also looks very wide compared to the rear , though maybe tyre choice could help on that score ?  I hope it handles ok because if it does it's a fairly solid bike now and, although no different cosmetically , it looks pretty purposeful .   I was going to say it looks a bit like a TDR250 or the early TDM , but that would be going a bit too far , lol !

Just a few bits and pieces to go back on now and it'll be time for a test ride . Hmm , I think we'll have to flip a coin for that one .  And no , I won't be posting any photo's !                                                                   

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

AW KEV I was looking forward to seeing the frankenbike!!!

AW KEV I was looking forward to seeing the frankenbike!!!

Ffff! Dunno Slice . It's not pretty . I don't think it's ever been washed in it's life , and of course it's a white one so you can see all the dirt with lots of plastic bits missing so you can see all the oily bits underneath . I'll leave the rest to your imagination . Matey's delighted with it !

• 1 month later...

Well I have to admit that it does look like something out of a bad movie but your never going to have to worry about dropping it are you? :lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slice said:

Well I have to admit that it does look like something out of a bad movie but your never going to have to worry about dropping it are you? :lol:

A VERY bad movie . Every cloud has a silver lining Slice , lol .  Goes like shit off a shovel though !! And those brakes'll put ripples on the tarmac . (She was never a looker to start with ).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online