Are there more vintage british bikes on the road

meatloaf
This post is 2913 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I don't know if its because I do more pleasure riding these days rather than commuting, but I have noticed over the last couple of years that here in Surrey there seems to be a lot more vintage British bikes on the road, some of them beautifully restored. At one of my local bike haunts there are nearly always at least a couple turn up. I wasn't disappointed  yesterday morning when these two showed up.20150822_112223_zps59kuywxc.jpg

• Like 6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would call then vintage, that's usually  flat tankers, but they are very nice and I do appreciate all bikes

Yip meaty " Classic"s ,  B) ,   I was out with 2 guys today,  1  AJS 500. & Matchless 500 .  I had a puncture [ DT]   dumped it in someones  drive,  got a backy , then took out an LC350,   and after 75 mls  the rotor fell off, :shrug:.

Yip meaty " Classic"s ,  B) ,   I was out with 2 guys today,  1  AJS 500. & Matchless 500 .  I had a puncture [ DT]   dumped it in someones  drive,  got a backy , then took out an LC350,   and after 75 mls  the rotor fell off, :shrug:.

Did you weld it back on John ? :P

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

crazy if you dont have one in your collection;)

http://IMAG0975_zpspsu0ncjg.jpg

• Like 1

Well I'm nearly there with mine. Had it running today, just a rear brake light then a wee shakedown

IMG_1676_zpsgdyolna6.jpg

IMG_1677_zpsb1iofsek.jpg

• Like 3

Beauty mago "  is that the T140 ,? B),  NICE TOO JIMMY,  were coming down your way if we get a summer,  

• Like 1

Good, hopefully bump into you.

Magos bike looks like a Matchless, but not sure which model

• Like 1

aH , G15,  see his profile ,  were gonna do , Campbeltown . Islay.  etc,  ferry at .ardrossan. 

• Like 1

Ferry at Ardrossan will take you to Arran. I think theres a ferry at Loch Ranza will take you to tarbet (loch fyne) then about 30mile down to Campbeltown (although why you want to go there is anybodies guess)

I may see you in the passing then bud

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online