05 R1 No crank

ejustin34
This post is 3166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought a 05 R1 from a friend. Wouldnt start so got it on the cheap. Finally got the neutral light to come on but now when i try to start the bike, kickstand up clutch in all a get is a click then the insturement cluster goes blank. let off the ignition insturement cluster comes back on as if i just turned the key to on. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above and bad earth, might be a faulty starter motor, check the brushes.

• Like 1

Magic porridge gone cold, if you had said hello in the new members area I could have kept it warm.

Edited by Cynic
  • Like 3

Seriously. Forums are at heart a collection of mates talking bikes and taking the p.

A much used comparison is a group of mates in the pub. If you asked the same question there straight out without even a hi. What would happen.

The yoc is a VERY active forum with many members and few real rules. One big sensitivity of the masses though is first post questions.

Glad you sorted it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online