Coming soon, to a TV near you?

captf
This post is 3143 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Remember my cyclist video?

I had ITN contact me recently asking to use it. Sure, says I, as long as you preface it with the story as I know it, rather than present it just as a cyclist running a red.

OK, says them.

Flash forward.

*Briiiiiing briiiiing*

"Hello...?"

"Hi! ITN here, we wanna actually interview you for the TV show"

Eep.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good for you mate, don't forget to mention the YOC and how we are such a great bunch of people Ha Ha Ha.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had the interview today, and actually met the cyclist.

He's quite a nice fellow actually. Had a bit of a joke with him, regarding motorists generally trying to kill us all.

But, in about 6 months, you'll likely get to see my ugly mug on the TV!

Good "o Capt... what program ?.....and wheres you been hiding ,,,:ph34r:

I've been commenting occasionally - never left - just not often (:

It'll be on ITV in ~6 months, they say. An episode of Caught on Camera.

Nice outcome - everyone having a laugh. Just how it should be. Congrats on your 15 mins!

We joked about how many bikers see cyclists as "just needing to see the light", and how cyclists see us as also "just needing to see the light"
Also going on about the common dangers we have on the road. That sort of thing

• Like 1

Lets not forget he was a tit who jumped a red light. 

• Like 2

Ah, but you've already had the privilege of meeting me face to face! :D

...Or should that be the misery? (:

aye, you not been out for a ride with us yet, what's the craic?

You going to Squires meet Capt " ? B)     and yeh , the tit jibe  ,   gulp,:ph34r:  how did that go down,,,,,,

Good on you Capt, looking forward to watching it!

Did he say why he didn't see the big red bus or was it actually brake failure?

aye, you not been out for a ride with us yet, what's the craic?

I always feel bad about it, but I realised that I prefer solo rides. Whenever I've been out with others, I tend to focus too much on them and stop riding for myself. [and paying attention to the road properly]

I'm a selfish bugger...

You going to Squires meet Capt " ? B)  

Unfortunately not. My birthday's around then, and I've got a night out on the Saturday, where I shall be getting shitfaced.

Lets not forget he was a tit who jumped a red light. 

and yeh , the tit jibe  ,   gulp,:ph34r:  how did that go down,,,,,,

Did he say why he didn't see the big red bus or was it actually brake failure?

He showed me the brake lever. The hole for the cable had effectively become a razor edge, causing the the cable to fray and eventually snap.
He was trying to beat the amber [he was pelting it along due to being late for a meeting], and was using the taxi as a guide on whether he had enough time. At the last moment he realised it had jumped the red. Slammed on his brake, and it failed.
With no knowledge of what was behind him, and peds filling the pavement beside him, he had nowhere to go.

,,,,,,,,,,.He was trying to beat the amber [he was pelting it along due to being late for a meeting], and was using the taxi as a guide on whether he had enough time. At the last moment he realised it had jumped the red. Slammed on his brake, and it failed.
With no knowledge of what was behind him, and peds filling the pavement beside him, he had nowhere to go.

A tit then

• Like 4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online