Ebikes???

Dom1878
This post is 2159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone used these before and are they any good?

They appear to be undercutting the Bennetts and CNs of the world with all the add ons included.

Quoted me £200 less on a 950

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry Dom didn't really understand what your saying. Can you explain that in words of one syllable or less please?

Apologies for the misunderstanding..

Just wanted to know if any one had dealt with the company 'Ebike Insurance' and if there had been any known problems with them. I'm in the process of buying a new bike and they have come in with a quote well under what the main providers like Carole Nash and Aviva are offering. Including breakdown, legal, helmet & leathers, keys, etc.

Go for it mate, nothing like a bargain when you have to insure your bike, try Googling the insurance company name and see if they come up as an OK company or someone to steer clear of, most folk seem to delight in moaning about poor service so if there is any bad feed back you should find it that way.

Did find this tho worth a read, http://www.zrxocboard.com/board/showthread.php?42128-Ebike-Insurance-Warbing-AVOID!!!!!

Looks like the guy who wrote this is a TROLL and just does it to wind people up but sometimes it pays to listen to that little doubt in the back of your mind!

PS I originally thought that your were talking about Electric bikes ! and wondered what it was you wanted to know DOH!

Edited by slice

Thanks.

Yeah I realised that as soon as I looked back at the title. Must remember, not everyone lives in my head! 

• Like 1

Just been through some review pages and it looks like they're not so good in the end.

As a note, do people who sometimes ride to work have it registered as commuting on their policies? It seems to add almost £100 on my quote. Even if I ride to work once apparently? I did argue how they would know but they didn't want to discuss the point.

Yeah it does matter unfortunately, due I think to the fact that most poor souls are out and about and the likelihood of you coming a cropper are more when there is more traffic out there. Plus of course they can add a bit to the premium. I tend to go with the company that gives me the most bang for my buck ie Cover for things other than the bike itself jacket helmet and such, I mean my jacket was £370 and my lid was £150 and a descent pair of gloves will see you well into £25.

Edited by slice

I had the 950 midnightstar insured with them in first year but I don`t had any problem with the bike so I can tell you if they are ok on payments or not. at moment I have both bikes insured with bikesure xvs950a and fj 1200, european breakdown, helmet and leater, accesories, bagages, agreed value, personal accident for both rider and passager, coprehensive cover for riding other bikes, 550 ponds both. the cheapest I can get for all those things from all insurance companies, thats because I also get the club member discount.

• 2 years later...

I have not used ebikes but they are everywhere on internet with the motive to save environment. I think they are good because one can recharge them at home and have almost zero noise with no emission.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online