yamaha dt175mx which tyres

johnnytheboy
This post is 3158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all yam fans

I am doing a full nut and bolt restoration on 79 Dt 175mx and have just got the wheels stainless re spoked .

now I need to choose which tyres is it best to keep to origional square block tyes if so what make and type and if not what else .

What is other dt restorers using any help would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jonny"  Hinendeu [ german]  make good block pattern trial tyre,  and handle good.  your standard size is 3.50x18 rear,  but I put on the 4.00x18 .  here was mine

• Like 1

Hi jonny"  Hinendeu [ german]  make good block pattern trial tyre,  and handle good.  your standard size is 3.50x18 rear,  but I put on the 4.00x18 .  here was mine

021.jpg

Ditto, exactly what I use on my 1g1 DT 175,

Thats a nice bike

What about the bridgestone TW24 which has the block tread  and will a 4.00 x 18 fit into a 175mx swinfing arm.

Yeh johnny, should clear, :yeah: the biggest make [ still 4.00x18] is Perelli MT43 ,  Its real tall ,, I had a Maxis , but too soft a compound. it squirmed under exceleration

Still having trouble sourcing tyres for this bike i.e Heidenau 400 x 18 and the front tyre 2.75 x 21 which model tyre is it of this make and who has them ?.

If not what are bridgestone trailwings in the block pattern like.

Many thanks for any help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online