theory test

paul tucker 73
This post is 3044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mod 1 done...walk in the park...anybody out there fretting about taking it don't.   test on the 7th dec...:)

well done :yay:

• Like 1

Congratulations. Thats the hard part done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

starting to have nightmares about multilane roundabouts.....

If they have lane markings they're easy-peasy, but for some reason it confuses people. We have one in Reading that a lot of people fail on. Just follow the lines!

• Like 1

This one is in Swindon, took me a minute to figure out they were NOT taking the piss when I first saw it !!

The locals call it "The magic roundabout"

2330876969_f5c1b73fcd.jpg?v=0

Edited by slice

This one is in Swindon, took me a minute to figure out they were NOT taking the piss when I first saw it !!

The locals call it "The magic roundabout"

Otherwise known as a Ring Junction, these things are piss-easy once you know how they work!

Basically, you treat each little roundabout seperately. That is all. You don't cross the line unless you can see your exit is clear and you give way to traffic on the right, just as with a normal mini-roundabout. This means you can end up going either way around the big central roundabout (more an island than an actual roundabout), which is the "magic" part. 

It's actually very safe and effective, but people panic because they have to think about what they're doing, is all.

With six minis, the Moor End/Plough one in Hemel Hempstead is my personal favourite!!

593px-Magicroundabout_hemel.svg.png

That seems unnecessarily complicated. That one big roundabout in the middle of the diagram should be enough. Bearing in mind most drivers can't manage normal tasks I wouldn't want to be riding somewhere where they actually need to use their brain...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clarke said:

That seems unnecessarily complicated. That one big roundabout in the middle of the diagram should be enough. Bearing in mind most drivers can't manage normal tasks I wouldn't want to be riding somewhere where they actually need to use their brain...

As mentioned, don't think of the big central area as a roundabout. Treat each little one separately and it all makes sense.

I arrived at a roundabout this morning only to find they decided to change the traffic flow to counter clockwise.. that was a bit confusing. By the time I leave work I wouldn't be surprised if it has changed again. I guess you may as well spend a few billion making a crappy junction worse, I mean what else are you going to do with all that money? :blink: Hopefully you don't get any surprises like this on your test route! 

Good news mate, bet you didn't even feel the cold! :D

• Like 1

Don't worry about the running in rubbish. Your not going to stress an xv900 anytime soon.

Just ride properly and your good. The engine will be better for it and your not worrying about throttle and gears and can concentrate on enjoying yourself.