FJR SAGA!

slice
This post is 3159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok as some of you know I went and bought myself a nice shiny FJR as a present to myself, it's the 2001 model so does not have all the electrical crap that the new ones do, anyway I knew that it needed a new radiator when I bought it, not leaking but really had a hard life sitting at the front of the bike right behind the front wheel which spits gravel and road crap up at it all day long, long story short went to the Owners club for a new rad and they do a genuine one at £615 + VAT or a Chinese one for £120 + VAT, so EBAY is my next stop and got one for £75 brand new next day delivery from China ( bloody hell!) then the not to small task of fitting it, been 8 days now, you know how when you think "I will just replace this part" well it never really goes like that does it? So far I am into a complete set of hoses (AMERICA) a Rad guard (FRANCE) all new set of jubilee clips Oh and for some reason a new IGNITION COIL! which when you take off the faring you had better NOT whack with the fairing cos that breaks them :banghead: at £40 odd quid. SWMBO thinks I should stop as I'm at £200+ now but I'm determined to get it finished, really lucky that it's been shit weather so can't go out on it anyway but next time I will look properly before I start taking stuff off. :rant:

Sorry just wanted to have a moan as swearing when your on your own in the garage gets you looked at funny by your neighbours. :shakeno:

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think this is why many members use the Club and just take it up for Ernie to do all the headache-work!

• Like 1

Off to Brix again on the FJ tomorrow.  Best bang for me buck ever  .......   hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

• Like 1

Yes should have kept the FJ BUGGER!!!!!

never mind, just think about this time next year when its all in the past B)

I'm still waiting for my rear shock to be finished. They are having issues taking out the bushing due to it being there for a few years and a 40 ton press won't shift it!

can't do anything else till the shocks fitted :(

• Like 1

Lassy, the FJ was one of the best bikes I have ever owned, reliable cheap and rip your head off fun to ride. The FJR is BEAUTIFUL but f**k me it's a cow to work on! As above it's been 8 days of swearing and general fiddling with little stupid bolts and more clips than a jet fighter holding things in place, if your really interested then buy one you will not regret it mate.

Lassy, the FJ IS one of the best bikes I have ever owned, reliable cheap and rip your head off fun to ride.   if your really interested then buy one you will not regret it mate.

+ 1000  ..... cracking drive this morning .....  if it wasn't for the numpties @ 60 in the outside lane at times :headbang:

Cracking ride every time!!

is to far away from me foamy, will cost me a fortune to get it here. I must look in my area. my wife is not very happy because I want buy a second bike and I have to reduce the cost at maximum.

dutch, you post that for slice to make him cry, corect? :)))))))))))))))

Lassy I was crying as it drove away :cry2:

All very interesting, but the bit I'm stuck at is Next Day delivery from China......Fuck me I had to wait over a fortnight for summit from Amazon and they have a factory about a mile and a half from my house......I did ask if I could walk over to collect it

• Like 1

dutch, you post that for slice to make him cry, corect? :)))))))))))))))

Now would I :lol:

07:00 on the road.  A-30 with a tail wind to Bodmin, 160/170K on the clock, 1200 block purrrring away, A38 to Plymouth and beyond and then cross country to Brixham leaving all those euroboxes in my dust.

Just another day, just another commute.

• Like 1

Just an update, finished it. New rad is great takes ages for it to reach an sort of high temp so that's a result and the bloody coil was fine just broke a wire while taking the fairing off so now have a nice new SPARE coil in the garage DOH! :wank4az::shakeno:

Edited by slice
  • Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online