Virago XV535 Starter Clutch

Blue Three
This post is 3196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I havs a failed starter clutch (all three bolts sheared) and have so far got down to removing the stator. Have tried conventional puller, slide hammer, penetrating oil, heat, but not the tiniest movement. Anybody know where I can beg, borrow or loan the correct Yamaha tool which is listed as YM 0180 as perhaps that will move it. 

Why when it is summer and the weather is nice the bike won't go ??? Got to A21 last week and had to be recovered. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its off finally. I bought a puller from Cardiff Motorcycles Ltd Part No. CYCO1008 cost £22.95 inc postage. I had to use 70mm bolts rather than the 40mm supplied as the puller does not fit inside the flywheel/stator on this model . A few whacks with a rubber mallet and some straining on the centre bolt and it literally fell off.

Always nice when you get something right on a bike, usually it's lot's of swearing and a BIG hammer, well done you, feels good when you finally crack a problem that seems to have no solution.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online