Yamaha xt 125 x dash issue

Olliec22
This post is 3179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone, I went to go out on a ride yesterday and my dash had partially stopped working. The dash flickers on and off and keeps saying endr or ntrd, then when I select ntrd it lights up and then turns off. Also when I start the bike the dash will turn off completely, it also it flickering between ntrd and endr without the key being in the ignition. Also the neutral light , headlight and indicator lights around the dash work fine. Any ideas? I appreciate  any help/advice.

Edited by Olliec22
missed out info

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok first bit of advice, sign in the NEW MEMBERS section and say "HELLO" cos folk have a problem with peeps that don't say Hi. Then check your wiring under the dash and round the head stock to see if you have any broken or loose wires but this has come up before and it usually means that the dash is toast, they do break and there are replacements on ebay and such, some of the guys on here have used other makes of dash for replacements so if you decide to sign in and want more info on what they used that would be great. Plus it helps if you fill in your details (country/flag/town and such) so folks know your not a one hit wonder.

Just to add to what slice has already mentioned. This could also happen when you have either disconnected the battery or if it's low. You might have to look into getting a new battery if it's old. What you are currently seeing on the dashboard is the options to select from after a reset. Since the same dashboard is used on the R and the X model, you need to set it to the correct one. Since you have the XT 125 X, you need to wait until it displays ntrd then turn on the ignition and after the second flash of ntrd, press the blue button on the left handlebar (at the front).

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online