blinker problem

This post is 3191 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest SmokeDaddy

I have a 1979 Yamaha xs1100sf. bout new led blinkers. they will not blink. tried a up to date flasher, and all they do is come on with the blinker switch. the stock ones worked fine, just bulky and big. any suggestions.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

pictures of the bike and i'll tell you what you're missing......

hahahaha

yeah, i'm a prick.

What i think you're missing is 'led indicator resistor' also known as a 'flasher relay'

Have a google and see what you think.

At the very least register on a forum your asking for help.....

• 2 weeks later...

When you swap to LED sometimes the flasher units dont register it so the indicator will either stay illuminated or not work at all. 

This is because of how the lights are lit via the current. Most after market LED's will need a new flasher unit that drops the voltage to the correct spec. 

Did you check the working values of the lights to see if they matched your harness/loom before buying them? 

• Like 1

'Blinkers' are those things you put on the side of a horse's face to stop rowdy crowds and Foamy Photos from scaring them.

An LED Relay for 'Indicators' are what ya need!!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online