WRF 450 stolen ?

This post is 3181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, as a newbie hi, I have a small issue stupidly..... I bought a WRF and ran the vin checks first and it comes back fine, but it's supposed to be a WRF 450 registered on the road it's got the Battrey starter on the engine etc however it's been of the road for some time and the previous owner bought it without the V5 and pretty much used it on a track 

the frame number is CJ050-004815* however I can't find anything on this apart from it was made in Africa 

i I can't find the engine number ? 

I I have no registration number 

I want to put this back on the road but the frame number is too short as far as I am know I got the frame number from the head stock 

would I be right in filling the forms out for the DVLA with this number? Or has it been reframed etc ? 

Any my help very much appreciated as I would like to return this to the road 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry about your issues, with something sensitive like this you really have to introduce yourself properly in the new members area. I know you will appreciate just how sensitive this kind of subject is and villans will happily try and use forums such as this one to try and get info to help in moving on bikes that have been compromised.

As far as I can see the frame number is meaningless, it is supposed to have 17 digits,(I think) your 6 missing which starts bells ringing. Unless you strip some paint and find the rest.

Where did you get the african connection, little is exported back from there aside from minerals. Its a mechanical death sentence for equipment to be run on string and bubblegum till it dies somewhere in a desert.

I wish you well but you may find a very limited response from the members.

Edited by Cynic

As above really, the salient point being that we get the occasional "how do I get around the problem of having no key for my bike" question which is to say the least a bit suspect, we're not saying your not genuine but we can't take a chance on giving information to a one post member, for instance if Cynic were to ask this question most would assume he was kosher simply because he's been on here for a number of years and therefore gets the benefit of the doubt whereas you I'm afraid don't. Your ONLY recourse is to contact the DVLA or Yamaha UK and ask them to verify the authenticity of the bike or possibly the Customs and Excise and ask them if they have any record of the bike being imported into the UK from Africa.

Hi cheers, i have a friend who is a Yam dealer so i am of to check it out on his system today, to me to be honest, for all its got its battery etc, it just doesn't have any of the WRF road bike left on it apart from a battery and fuse box etc and the engine of button under the seat, and a starter motor on the engine, the bike is ultra clean, i have seen worse in a show room. 

Its had or looks like its had a big smash in the last few years, all new plastics, new rear seat frame + swinging arm, both new engine side cases evidence of a smash it apparent on the top of one front fork deep scoring, this could be a reason its harder to identify properly, it just doesn't have or i can't find the full 17 VIN just the 11 short code, and i can't find a engine number at all and no signs of this been removed, i have ran the vin through police etc through ACU at a race meet and the frame number is clean so i am not worried, i just wondered if its got a secondary Vin in a obscure place that i can't find, i understand i should have a sticker on the seat subframe with the vin on etc but its not there 

cheers all !

You may struggle to register it given the info, there is/was a plug in road kit available for these that is plug and play.

No disrespect to your Yammie mate but call Yamaha UK head office. They have a team who may be able to shed some light on the bike and VIN. They may even be able to give you a dating letter (at a cost) which you will need to register it if you haven't got a reg number.  Expect to pay import duty if you have no NOVA and need to re register it.

Well the trip out turned out, well am a bit puzzled, 

Turns out i read the number wrong its actually *CJ05C-004815* this actually comes back as a YZ450F sold by Yam in October 2004 not the WRF450F that i was expecting, and thank fully this number comes back clean as far as i can see.

I have applied to the DVLA using this Number to see if a V5 will be returned if not i guess i will be starting the long process of first registration.

It would be good to get a VIC check done on this to see if it would provide a Reg number, but it would appear this service is not available on the Net or anywhere else, so i will just have to wait for the result from the DVLA, but i would have happily pain for this service!

• Like 1

Well done Dale sounds like a result, at least you have something to be going on with.

Its got the WR lump in for sure, it has a starter motor fitted and its got 5 gears, the whole bike is defiantly WRF, it all comes back correct too as 2004, this date is stamped all over things like the seat and various other plastics, But the frame number says its a YZ450F "C" to be a WRF450 it would have been a "W" the year is correct for both occasions, I am not expecting a result from the DVLA as this is looking more like its been re-framed, however i could hit lucky ! if so that would make it unusual and a YZF on the road with the WRF engine in.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online