57miles....

Cynic
This post is 3215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I resisted as long as possible but I relapsed, 57miles was all she got as a run in. Then stayed under 7500 for the next couple of hundred.

Job done now, today was the first full fat 'Oh that's why you ride a two stoke' moment. Many more to come, I hope.

Second thing, thought the bike looked a little flat, even after I had given it a clean. So at the suggestion of my neighbour (has some show and shine trophies from car meets) took all the polish off with some blue stuff from the US he lent me. Then gave it a good seeing to with some pigmented wax, again from Lee next door.

WOW Looks amazing, much deeper colour and shine. Apparently polish/wax can go a bit off if it builds up too thick and make the surface opaque. Could be bollox but going on the finish I now have on my TDR im convinced.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Piccies please. Let us see how shines it is :) 

Also good to know about the wax. Any chance you could get a hold of the name of this "blue stuff" as sounds like I may need to us it on the missus' virago as its a dull midnight blue now 

Clay Bar perhaps? Used that on my classic Mini - gave the paintwork much more depth and shine.

Hopefully not pussers hard.

Dunno, it was blue.

When I asked how much he said it came from the US and couldn't remember the price. I can't remember the name of the stuff but Magyvers is even apparently better and you can get that from Halfords.

The colour stuff is from 'Poorboys'.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online