FZR600 GENESIS ..... it lives

Silkk
This post is 3217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So after 5 years of being in bits and strewn across my garage floor, and the rolling chassis stood under a tarp in the garden, my genesis is back on the road. 

Still need a new exhaust, front stachions and plastics. 

But so far, she is looking and sounding good. 

And now all ready to rock 

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Both front and back are off a Chinese bike. 

The rear actually has 2 of the push to fit park lights you normally put on the front, working as my brake lights. 

Think i I will regret trying to get new plastics as I will need to replace both lights etc 

Very nice! i too think thats a cool mod to the light

Very nice! i too think thats a cool mod to the light

It will be getting replaced as the spacing between the light and the top fairing looks horrible and full of gaps when up close. 

Biggest pain is that almost all of the wiring is no longer "original" and it can't now take an OEM fitting due to the mods on the plastics for the track ..... 

Guess I need to put a little more thought into what I am actually going to do with this now its running ($$$ limitations apply)

It will be getting replaced as the spacing between the light and the top fairing looks horrible and full of gaps when up close. 
Biggest pain is that almost all of the wiring is no longer "original" and it can't now take an OEM fitting due to the mods on the plastics for the track ..... 

Guess I need to put a little more thought into what I am actually going to do with this now its running ($$$ limitations apply)

tell me about it, I have the same money limitations on my build :(

you have the same brakes as my fz600 which were from an FRZ400r bike, so I'd look at those bikes for stuff to fit

Edited by drewpy

My calipers are aftermarket BF Goodrich calipers and braided lines, so never noticed how similar the 400's were. 

Suppose im just used to the fact that doing anything simple on this turns out to be a nightmare due to when the rear subframe was rebuilt, it wasnt done straight etc 

If you saw it, you would actually laugh at me for the state of it, but I can hold my hands up to not being the one to have rebuilt it. 

Tdr stuff is the same as the 400, they are pretty much a straight swap for the blue spots. So you could fit r6 stuff wholesale. MC hoses and calipers.

Im 99% for the 600. Do check first though eh.

Edited by Cynic

Will do Cynic, thanks for the heads up :) I like the idea of putting some of the updated R6 running gear on it.... wonder if I could swap out the lights :) 

Stealth matt black R6 conversion... I'm very tempted 

Think if I order the parts, she comes with it ? 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online