Cheap Summer Jacket

Harlin67
This post is 3216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all.

I'm after a 'cheap' (sub £50) Summer jacket. I have Armour with my current jacket so just looking for something lightweight and breezy, with fairly decent protection for my commute to work. Maybe I'm asking for the impossible with this budget, but after my CBT in March, I went out and bought a load of winter kit, so now I'm bloody roasting :rolleyes:

Not sure if I can link (think I can!) but something like  "Gearx Aircon Summer Motorcycle Jacket Waterproof CE Protection All sizes" for around £50 seems a good deal, but is it to good to be true?

Any ideas would be most welcome!

Edited by Harlin67

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Every time I put on a light jacket,  I get soaked or cold,,:shrug:,i use a bomber stye , coz its waterproof, little in the way of armour tho,,B)

Edited by blackhat250

That looks a fine piece of kit, as long as your not doing 100mph up the high street it will do all that you need and keep you cool(ish), sometimes a £50 jacket is perfect.

That's what this site is for, let others know how good/bad something is.:)

Personally I normally wear my 2 piece Berik "power ranger" suite, but have waterproof out layers I can jump into. 

As the leathers are "breathable" then you dont often cook yourself. 

But for around the £50 mark I would be looking at a lightweigh Cordura jacket (Swift) and possibly some armoured jeans to go with it. 

Thanks for the replies, probably opting for the GearX one, as its the only vented/removable liner around that price. Just holding off as Amazon want to charge me £7 for delivery, and I can expect it 'around' July 7th if I went through them, so looking elsewhere :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online