An interesting evening

g1hsg
This post is 3196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was on my way home from work tonight, riding from Wigan to Bolton when I passed a guy hunched over what looked like a pre war bike at the side of the road. I turned round and pulled up to ask if he needed a hand. Indeed he did, the clutch had failed on what turned out to be a 1933 Coventry Eagle Silent Superb and he was going to need a hand to lift it into his van. I spent a very happy 20 minutes chatting with Brian, the owner whilst we waited for his brother in law to arrive with the van. Describing the Coventry as his 'new' bike Brian told me his usual ride was built in 1903 ! In the 20 minutes I spent there a rider on an  MZ also stopped to offer assistance and to have a chat. If there's a better way to pass time on a sunny Sunday evening I've yet to find it.

• Like 6

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done you. It only takes an minute to help out and you have the benefit of a new friend! :)

brilliant, thats why riding a bike is not just about the machinery.