Practical Sportsbike

drewpy
This post is 3217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got the latest mag and guess who's in it?

Our one and only foams going on about his dt50 :) well done Steve

img005.jpg

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well what do you know he's good for something after all !!:biglaugha:

• Like 1

just seen it,  and av bought Classic M. Mechanics  this month too ,  first time for ages,  great reading,,,:thumb:

Sorry for the lack of appearance peeps, I've been off on me travels

Thanks for the kind words! I did try and drop the YOC in there but it must have been left out of the final edit 

• Like 1

Nice one, fella!

Well done for being in the mag, good feeling aint it.

TTB

Also, a massive thanks to everyone on here.

I arrived here at 15 years old, I was a young foamy then, the beloved Donkey sat in the garage waiting for my 16th birthday, I passed my CBT and still had no idea wtf I was doing, I blew it up a couple of times and had to make the long walk home, threw on a big bore kit and blew it up again, learned about plug chops and carb jets, it carried me to and from my first base in my RAF career and without the YOC I probably would have given up and got a plastic moped instead or the dreaded public transport, but with the advice and guidance (and occasionally swearing) of you the members I have spent 7 long years with the group, met some truly amazing people and have some wonderful memories.

The 'new' DT was a joint effort, the fork gators and one of the side panels came from members on here, and with much encouragement (boot up the arse after seeing the enormous flop that was my XJ Turbo rebuild) I was glad to get it back to the state it should be in, but at the same time enjoyed the time in the workshop, sandblasting every last nut and bolt that came off it.

I will probably never ride it but that's not the point, I have FJs and Project FUCR for hooning around on, the point is that I have it, even pulling it out of the shed for the magazine photo gave me a huge smile and with my short attention span that's unusual.

So yes, I owe it all to you guys, I've seen people come and go on here and am proud to say I have the best group of friends a foamy could ask for.

• Like 3