XT125 Speedometer

metalmikky
This post is 3206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, so im picking my XT125 up next week but it has no speedometer as it got knicked and im wondering if anyone can recommend a decent stockist to get one from?

Ive had a quick look around the internet but they seem hard to find and the one I did find was expensive.

Ive also noticed that a lot of people have had problems with them so im wondering if I could simply wire a different kind on to it, like a non digital one for example. 

Sorry if it's a newbie question but yes Im new here. :)

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for that, they seem decent but im not sure how easy it'll be to fit. Although at £100 cheaper than the original I'll find a way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey metalmikky, I've actually got the Endurance II on my WR and installation was pretty simple. I would say the only bit of real DIY was having to drill a bit into the calliper to hold the magnet sensor in the correct place. I've been running it for over a year now (rain/shine) and no problems with it yet. Just make sure you get the correct fitment for your XT.

Thanks for the advice guys but i think I'm going to go with a cheap universal one, over spent already on my new baby.  Might go with your alternative kevtherev as a temporary measure. :-D 

I used the trail tech on my old XT and it was fine. Just don't buy a Yamaha one because they are notorious for breaking.

I used the trail tech on my old XT and it was fine. Just don't buy a Yamaha one because they are notorious for breaking.

Isn't that just your Yamaha's??

Yeah it's a massive fault with the original and replacent Yamaha XT 125 X/R speedo's. I bought the trail tech vapor and it was spot on.