Freshie From Melbourne

JaySav
This post is 3188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, my name's Justin, I'm 21 from Melbourne

I've been riding bikes for a few years now, my first bike was a 2001 Yamaha YZ250f that I fully rebuilt myself, here are a few teaser photos.......

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

I've also got myself a roadbike which is a 2013 Honda CBR500

IMG_3416.jpg

BUT.......!!!!

I have recently picked myself up a 1982 Yamaha XS250 (YICS) as a project for myself that I wish to turn into a café racer/bobber style bike which I have created a build thread for......

http://yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/42377-1982-xs250-project/

I'm trying to gain as much knowledge about these bikes as possible but my first plan of attack is to get it running (missing the wiring loom)

If anyone has any wiring diagrams for these particular bikes I'd love to hear from you, anyway....here it is

When I bought it:

IMG_3671.png

How it currently sits:
IMG_3674.jpg

Edited by JaySav

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey dick, for something new down here you're looking at around $8000+ for something decent, second hand they can be found between $1000 - $7000 depending on what you buy
the yellow one in my photos I paid $2000 for

what are prices like in the UK?

Hi Justin, a great place Melbourne, my Son lived in Ivanhoe! I enjoyed visiting him there before he moved to Putney, nr. Sydney, you have some good bike shops down, is it Elizabeth or George street. Cheers John

Hi Jay, fantastic photos and welcome to the forum but one thing I did notice apart from the can of WD40 there is one very famous blue can from Melbourne missing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online