DT175MX - new to YOC

eden1
This post is 3203 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone

I am a 40 something from the Eden valley in Cumbria, UK with a 1981 DT175 MX in white, which I have had since 1991.

It is quite a high miler with just over 50,000 on the clock (dry miles only for the last 20 years or so).

I don't use it that often now, and I usually have a bit of a laugh with the MOT tester about the pitifully low increase in miles since the previous years test.

Previous bikes include a 1974 FS1-E in purple, a 1983 Kawasaki AR50 in black, a 1980 Suzuki GP100, a 1982 RD350LC in black, a road legal TY175 in white, can't remember the year of the TY.

Wish I still had most of them, especially the FS1-E and the RD350LC.

When I got my current DT175MX 24 years ago, that is the last time I bought or sold a bike!

Now I have joined YOC, I will probably be trawling through the workshop forums because after 24 years of almost faultless service, the DT is giving me some running headaches at the moment.

She is way to good to scrap and I have the sort of attachment to her that steadily grows as the years roll on by.

I am pretty sure the DT will see me out!!!

eden1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I understand the connection, my DT is currently in the same position I parked it 18mths ago. Bought my DT when I was nearly 17, im now 44.

Welcome aboard, lot of DT love here, Airheads another LOOONG time DT owner. Think he bought his new!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Start a new thread in the workshop with your woes and I am sure the guys here will help sort it out.

Check out the workshop sections and, if you like a little 2 stroke, the rally/ride out section (Squires).

Hi and welcome to the YOC, yeah pictures are a must really. :jossun:

I have added a couple of pictures in my garage area of the RD I used to have and the DT I still have. I have been trying to change my profile picture to the DT, but so far I have been defeated!! I will keep trying as I am sure it will be me doing something wrong.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online