Sold the FJ.

slice
This post is 3226 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just to say I have sold the FJ, met a nice guy while I was down at the FJ owners club who said he was interested and lo and behold turned up today and bought it. I shall really miss my old tank :bawling: , got my asking price and so looking for something else now. A 125 or 250 2T would do nicely just for a bit of a project so if you hear of anything that might suit give me a shout, don't mind even if it's a basket case as I have plenty of time to fettle with oily bit's.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just to say I have sold the FJ.....

:icon_sad:

......so looking for something else now. A 125 or 250 2T.......

:hyper:

• Like 1

Yeah DT, figured with all of the 2T wallas on here I might get to finally play with the rest of the "in crowd" :biglaugha: plus I haven't had a 2T for near on 45 years, my last was a Fanny B I think. :shakeno:

Similar to this one. francis_barnett_1963_falcon_87_200cc.jpg

A sad day indeed ........... but you have that other big beasty to play with :hyper:

• Like 1

maybe get on the 2stroke club, they are a great buch and can put feelers out for a suitable donor bike.

now there's a big gap left from the departed FJ, you need to fill it quickly or something else comes in its place.

Buy another FJ? :lol:

I'd normally be somewhat offensive and highly discourteous toward you... but you upgraded to an FJR, which doesn't count as treachery, heh heh!! :lol:

• Like 1

but you upgraded to an FJR, which doesn't count as treachery, heh heh!! :lol:

...................... only just :eusa_naughty:

...................... only just :eusa_naughty:

The only big difference is you now get your bike serviced on the right hand side of the Club workshop with Ernie instead of the left side with Doc Hacker... :lol:

Well bike went this morning :bawling: (Sunday) really shall miss the tank. still now got some money to buy another one !! Wonder what will be next? Seen a TDM that someone wants to sell so that might suit also my neighbour has a 1933 DKW that is in bit's in his garage.

One question,

Have you ever worked on a TDM?

No, but been told you have to remove the rear suspension to get the battery out, who the f**k thought that was a good idea?

I had a 1995 TDM..didn`t have to remove suspension..but tank had to come off to get to battery. Still not a good idea.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online