Steam blowing from vent under R1?

TheSaffer
This post is 3212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I would just like to ask if someone can tell me if this is normal for a hot bike (summer London traffic) to vent steam from the vent under the bike?

I had my cooling system checked on the last service about 2 months ago.

The water smells like coolant, so it must be an issue on my cooling system surely. But the garage found nothing wrong with it...

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Might just be that it was slightly over filled and venting excess fluid when it got hot, you should check the level, my best guess anyway. Oh and check the radiator to see it's not got anything over the fins that might make it overheat, mud and road crap can build up over time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I checked my radiator today and its really badly mucked up. No wonder!

I only noticed once I looked at it from the front with my head right in there.

Now if anyone has any tips on how to safely get all that gunk out between the fins, I would really appreciate it. I have some MuckOff which I will try.

Thanks again, you were both spot on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

As above really, you might like to soak it with a good detergent first to soften the crud up then a fine brush and LOT'S of patience.

No nonsense degreaser from screwfix :) cheap as chips and very effective I've found!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online