Reversing car runs over bike

DirtyDT
This post is 3130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry but their both idiots.

Bike could have done something toward getting his bike out of the way. Not just sit there.

Sorry but their both idiots.

Bike could have done something toward getting his bike out of the way. Not just sit there.

I don't know, hindsight is a great thing to have and that was a long way to reverse.

If you see someone reverse it's like " what's he doing?" then it "hello!!" then "WTF" .

As soon as the lights went on for reverse i would have been looking for a way out.

I do not trust or expect anything other than the worst from todays motorists.

Mobiles, stereo, stress. The fact that cars are too damn safe to keep us alert. Nope nothing to do with hindsight.

He expected the car to stop, car did not consider anything would be arrogant enough to be in their way.

50/50 but the car started it.

• Like 2

I see where your coming from Cynic but that cage was going at some speed, when i watched it again you can sort of tell that the biker isn't looking at this car, its not until 2 seconds in his head moves slightly left and he starts the Woh Woh Woh!! and im guessing this is when he's spotted what she/he is doing by which time they are proper moving.

If he had been paying attention more maybe he could have moved out the way? either way that car drive is a cock / cockett

• Like 1

I stand by the 50/50. Its a scooter too so in less than the time it took for his attempt at backpedaling he could have moved foreward 6ft.

He is quite happy to stand with his arms wide out in front of the car. So as that is still not in the traffic there was clear space for him.

The more disturbing thought. The car did not have to come back that far to clear the junction. Also the car turning towards the bike. The fact that they did not stop at first impact but proceeded to give it some more gas to push right over.

THAT is the scary part. Who's to say the car wasn't doing what it intended to.

FFS, I can't believe you're blaming the biker! :shakeno:

I'm all for putting my hands up when it's my fault but if some silly bitch reverses 30 feet at speed over the top of me, I will consider that her fault!

Like it's not hard enough staying alive without that...

• Like 4

Show me where i blame the biker.

The car caused the incident. Im not disputing that.

Im calling him an idiot for not doing something about it.

The rider did nothing to save himself. With a squirt of throttle it could have been out of harms way.

Hell he is filming the car. Therefore looking at it. Would the "now what are they going to do?", thought not pass through your mind. I know it would mine. Closely followed by "shit if he hits reverse!".

I am as jaded as motorway cops as to just what people are thinking about when these things happen.

Pound to a penny he was thinking he would have some juicy footage of an accident. Just didnt figure on it being his.

for me, this is suspect. first, the car don`t reverse straight. he take the bike direction on first line. also the speed he use to reverse is big so the biker fail to get out from his way and he reduce the speed just before he hit the bike so he minimise his car damage. that make me think he intend to hit the biker. i`m really curious to see what was happening before this. anyway, this is not an accident.

• Like 2

The driver was a learner who panicked, twice! She (yes, it was a girl) screwed up big time but wasn't actually psychotic.

The rider was just a rider and not out to film other peoples accidents for youtube fame...

Am with Lallasro " its a set up. for big hits on u-tube / viral thing,, :eusa_think:

Don't worry - It's only a Honda!! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Something seems strange with it, why has the car driver got his hand behind his head?

Ah I see what your saying about the arm but you have to remember they drive on the wrong side of the road so he's the passenger :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online