YZF R125 SPEEDO

Stanerzz
This post is 3216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay guys im really new to this so please go easy on me.

Is it possible to put the new r125 digital speedo on a r125 2008 that has the analog display?

Just encase your not sure what im referring to

OLD

yamaha-yzf-r125-speedometer-view.jpg

NEW

Yamaha-YZF-R125-speedometer-728x465.jpg

Thank you in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry dont know.

What i do know is i would pay good money for the older one.

How you make sense of the new one in the stresses of riding a bike god only knows.

I took my DAS on a Kawak ER-6n. That had a digital rev, pretty much the same as your second picture. Really didn't like it.

There's nothing like watching the needle fly up and down (in your peripheral of course...). Personally I'd stick with what you currently have as I can't really see much gain to be had.

Thank you for the reply guys, I just really would prefer a digital display if I'm honest and would love to have one on my bike. I hope its possible as I fell in love with the display when I saw it on the R125 2015

I can't comment on the electrics etc - but the units looks to be different shapes, meaning you might have to stump up for a different surround / fairing also.

thanks for the reply, I did think this however my bike is the 2008 model with 2014 panels, this is why I'm wondering if it's possible. the back plugs look identical but I'm not really in favor of putting 200 aside for a speedo just to see if it works

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online