xvs 125 Dragstar exhaust

Steo108
This post is 3214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys..I have just got an 04 xvs 125 Dragstar and the exhaust is blowing quite a bit..due to corrosion as far as I can see and mainly around the section where the 2 pipes are joined by a small joining pipe...I can't seem to find a complete system for sale anywhere so what's the best way to go about it? Someone suggested some type of exhaust bandage and filler?...or is it best to weld? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. ..Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks dirtydt...is the highway hawk exhaust a complete system as it says slip on?...After closer inspection it looks worse than I thought..held together with bandages..hidden away under chrome covers...grrrr..

Sorry I don't know. Give them a call. There are also a number of company's who will make exhausts and at that price I would be looking for a fully stainless complete system.

Thanks dirtydt...is the highway hawk exhaust a complete system as it says slip on?...After closer inspection it looks worse than I thought..held together with bandages..hidden away under chrome covers...grrrr..

Bandages... or proper Exhaust Wrap?

The latter is used often in custom bikes...

My bad. First post on the forum. Sitting in my garage with my Radian trying to figure out how to post a topic and got clicking around like a madman and decided to test my reply on the first topic I saw which was this one. Disregard it all folks. Just disregard. Once I figure out my next step, all will be right with things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test it again in the new member's section and we might forgive you.

Might! :eusa_think:

Who's nicked my pint? :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online