Any cover recommendations

vayduh
This post is 3204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For the foreseeable future I will need to store the XJ6 outside.

Anyone have recommendations on type and size of cover?

I was looking at the OXFORD stormex in Medium.

Will that fit? Any other recommendations?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is this in the street or on land that the scrotes can't get to? You will need something that breathes as well cos condensation will rot it in no time if your not running it.

It will be on my private drive and behind a wooden gate / fence.

I intend to use the bike as often as I can.

I think I had two days where I wanted to use the bike and chose not to over the winter as conditions were too bad.

The most I see it stains with the cover on would be a week or so if I was away, other than that I intend to use it.

So the cover is really for overnight use mainly.

The dont bother with a cover. Once dirt gets under it it will do as much damage as it saves.

I would recommend the stormex cover. You could also look at motorcycle tents. I used to keep a bike under a cover but use a tent for one of them now. For me it saves the hassle of dragging it into the workshop.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always used the Oxford Aquatex. I use two and they do the job. The inner one always gets dirty with oil and crud etc. Don't make the same mistake as me and put it in the washer because it will ruin all the waterproofing.