Selling bike conundrum

Callyspoy
This post is 3224 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello folks,

You may have seen that i have been restoring a 1976 V50, the project is now complete.

The plan was to sell my CB125 once the Yammy was finished but my wife has thrown a large spanner in the works.

She has intimated that for my 30th birthday (January) i may be allowed to do a DAS course.

I'm wondering whether it would be better to keep the Honda so i can maintain and hone my skills on a motorbike rather than on a moped.

If i passed, i would sell whichever bike i had at that point anyway in order to buy a bigger bike, i just wonder if it makes more sense to sell the wee Yam whilst it's the good time to sell and rebuild is fresh?

The Honda is a bit ratty but runs great, just seems a shame to sell the moped so soon after the rebuild!

Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would keep the 125, that way getting plenty of practice on a geared bike....I would also keep the v50, stating that now is not a good time to sell a bike. Potter about on it for a few months then get rid, if thats what you want

Ah , a classic biking conundrum . My solution would be to buy another bike ,preferably a rusty non runner , and plonk it under the stairs . This will drive the poor woman to distraction , hopefully taking her mind off the fact that you have two running bikes which you like . When she threatens to leave , relegate the heap under the stairs to the back garden and she will be so happy she'll allow you to keep all your bikes .

• Like 3

buy another bike of the same colour, she'll never know the difference

• Like 1

stick em both up for sale and sell which ever goes first or for the price your most happiest with!

That's a smart solution Tommy, only real problem is if you get good offers on BOTH then you have no ride at all !!! :biglaugha:

That's a smart solution Tommy, only real problem is if you get good offers on BOTH then you have no ride at all !!! :biglaugha:

you get good offers on both! you buy something better :jossun:

this is easy me to say, being the guy who still rides the bike he bought in 1982

• Like 2