Dragstar breaking question.

sunsprie
This post is 3254 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I took to the garage I get all work done on my bikes. He came out and looked at the brakes, disc and pads. He said everything seems ok to him and he can't really see anything wrong.

I'm leaving the bike in with him tomorrow so he can get a better look and take it for a ride. I also asked about braided break lines and he said he doesn't recommend them on the dragstar but he would on sport bikes.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong as he's always been a great help and done really good work every time.

Ttaskmaster I've updated my profile a few times but it doesn't seem to change, I'm use the taptalk app and it doesn't seem to save my details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it helps, I paid about £70 fitted for front braided lines on my old Fazer at a local garage. They weren't coated in plastic like some makes mind... (That was Stianio's Harrogate)

£70???!!!

My local guy made one there and then for £25, including fitting and bleeding...

I also asked about braided break lines and he said he doesn't recommend them on the dragstar but he would on sport bikes.

Why doesn't he?

The rubber brake hoses on Dragstars DO perish, especially the 650s.

When they perish, pulling the brake lever will result in that pressure bulging the hose outward instead of down into the caliper. Braided hoses not only protect the rubber from degredation, but also prevent normal expansion and so direct more of the pressure into the caliper, resulting in better braking.

Take it from the many Dragstar riders (past and present) on here - Whatever bike you have, braided hoses will help. It may not be THAT much in the grand scheme of things, but if it stops you a foot shorter that could still be the difference between a near miss and an off.

As for your location - Might have to do that part through a computer... assuming you press Save Changes before leaving your profile edit page?

In the meantime - Where abouts are you?

Yeah I agree with the braided lines, I'm going to get them today and have them fitted. I sorta thought the amount of people on yamaha club telling me to get them makes more sense.

Hopefully when I leave it in tomorrow he can sort the problem out.

Yeah I save changes but doesn't seen to do anything. I'm in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online