A Red Light Jumping cyclist video of mine has went semi-viral O_O

captf
This post is 2975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

should have told the to repair the bus :razz:

its the blue Pill today Tommy :crazy:

The past couple of days on this have went even more nuts.

So many newspapers have contacted me for permission.

I've ended up requesting the Telegraph pays for the cyclist's bike to be repaired - whether he accepts is another matter - and all others to donate to a charity of my choice.

nice one Farrel

What a nice gesture mate, at least he will get a new brake cable out of it, you should also ask that the bus driver gets a hearing aid, he didn't even flinch when the guy hit the bus! :biglaugha:

The M.E.N later reported that the driver stopped the bus just up the road, to go check on the cyclist - his only injuries were a bit of bruising and grazed knuckles.

I know that each time I glanced at the bus [not fully shown in the video] he looked as if he was oblivious, but I can accept I didn't get the full picture

tbh the bus driver was negotiating a turn and at that junction a lot of tourists and students cross, noses buried in their mobile phones.

probably the passengers alerted him, as he wouldn't have felt a thing in the cab.

probably the passengers alerted him, as he wouldn't have felt a thing in the cab.

I can believe that. My dad drives a truck, and has said that you typically only know if you've driven over something if you see it happen - the weight difference means you just will not feel it.

Yeah, I found them - I've sent them an email asking where to send the bill, as they did not ask permission.

Interesting that they managed to get in contact with the cyclist, but made no effort to get me, though.

I don't upload videos to YouTube, but when you upload, is there some sort of Creative Commons option for you to select? Under some options they could potentially use your material with just a reference to you.

Not saying that's polite though, if it is the point!

I don't upload videos to YouTube, but when you upload, is there some sort of Creative Commons option for you to select? Under some options they could potentially use your material with just a reference to you.

Not saying that's polite though, if it is the point!

The licence they're under is the "Youtube Standard Licence", which means that YouTube [and their partners] is free to do with it as they please, but copyright is retained by the creator.

Therefore, any and all requests to use the footage in any way outside of the YouTube embedded player requires the copyright holder's permission.

Those that have asked, [apart from MEN, who got there first, before I'd thought about it] I've been asking to donate to charity.

The Telegraph, I asked to pay my fee to the cyclist - who I'm trying to get to respond to me [his name's in the Daily Mail article: Charlie Baker], who have agreed.

The rest have either not responded at all or stopped when I've said I want it to go to charity.

The Daily Star and Daily Mail have posted without even asking, and will have no choice in the matter... although, both are currently ignoring me, it seems. Especially since they've attached ads to the videos.

[intended charities are Trussell Trust and MIND]

And, annoyingly, I'm getting stressed from the hassle of chasing it all down.

Hmm... Journos... Enough said!

Well mate, once you put it out there........They have no qualms about hacking the voicemails of murdered children so posting your vid would not even register on their moral compass. Oh and fek the cyclist, give him enough for an eye test

• Like 4

Well mate, once you put it out there........They have no qualms about hacking the voicemails of murdered children so posting your vid would not even register on their moral compass. Oh and fek the cyclist, give him enough for an eye test

Well said Jimmy about the first bit.

As for an eye test, if you can't see a bus in broadside view, no visit to specsavers is ever going to help!

• Like 2

Going through the video carefully, you can see the moment he tries to brake and fails - and then shits his pants. It's after he's passed the crossing.

And that point, he tries to force his legs locked to engage the back wheel, but it's way too late.

As for an eye test, if you can't see a bus in broadside view, no visit to specsavers is ever going to help!

Too true mate

• 8 months later...

Just seen you on TV Ian! Very good interview on both sides! And good to see you washed the bike too haha

Im pretty sure it was ITV1, it was on Tuesday night at 2100hrs called car crash britain or something like that.

Sorry had a couple of Jack Dan's and fell asleep at 2030hrs last night so not much was saved on my internal memory after that time. I'll get the wife to check and confirm as i had it on record.

just seen it on catchup.

Capt F did you see the electric shopper on 2 wheels, that was outside Aldi in Eccles