A Red Light Jumping cyclist video of mine has went semi-viral O_O

captf
This post is 2997 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, this video has went viral:

Not "OMG! Millions of views!" viral, but 30k views [at current count] for a 30 second clip that I posted on Monday night is rather impressive to me.

According to the Facebook graph API, it's been shared over 300 times

Mood is currently: WAT?

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Way to headbutt a double decker...

• Like 4

Way to headbutt a double decker...

I'm now imagining if this had been in Glasgow, rather than Manchester.

I could see the cyclist getting up and trying to 'square go' the bus...

"Ye 'hink yer 'ard do ye? Ah'll 'ave ye! Square go, pal. Square fuckin' go!"

• Like 3

Brilliant! Ha ha!

Bet he's not oblivious now !! What a dick it's not like it was small is it. :biglaugha:

What camera are you using captf?

Drift Ghost S, with external mic placed in my helmet [tucked in by the cheek pad]

ha ha, what a nob.

serves him right too. so your famous now capt?

• Like 1

I don't think I'm famous. Probably for the best (:

But I really didn't expect a 30 second video clip to explode in views. Hell, my next highest video has only a couple of hundred!

I've even had a few requests from clip shows to ask if they can use it [i've declined out of niceness for the idiot]

You can't fix stupid! Let the clip shows have it. Your accent is what they are really after.

+1

I"v just done 550mls to Blackpool & back, And what an amount of dicks on the road, [ quiet up here traffic wise .] the worse offenders are white van man, ,then Audi drivers,,,then push bikes on the pavements, :eusa_doh: what a sheltered life up here in north, :icon_cool:

This is a complete ass in vid, he"l claim off the bus too I suppose

And what an amount of dicks on the road

Should have driven into Cornwall yesterday evening ...... silly season has indeed started :-(

And now a request from Manchester Evening News, and it's showing up on prominant cyclist websites

halp!

Someone claiming to be the cyclist commented:

Thought i'd just get the lights, hence the speed. Realised it wasn't happening, squeezed the front brake. Cable snapped. Not enough time to lose speed on back wheel in the wet.

He was riding a fixie

Edit: looks like MEN posted their story before I made any response:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cyclist-red-light-bus-crash-9318981#ICID=FB-MEN-main

Oh dear Captf you seem to have kicked off the "all cyclist are arseholes" debate again, they are not, it's just some are a bit to free with their interpretation of the rules of the road. Still good on you mate for the video, it might just keep some from doing the same thing.

Yeah, was never my intention for an "all cyclists" one - just this one particular guy.

I really dislike the attitudes you're seeing on many of the posts and so on.

what is a "fixie"?

ok, I found what this mean, those bikes should be illegal to ride on the public road.

• Like 1

The past couple of days on this have went even more nuts.

So many newspapers have contacted me for permission.

I've ended up requesting the Telegraph pays for the cyclist's bike to be repaired - whether he accepts is another matter - and all others to donate to a charity of my choice.