What spark plug

This post is 3236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye bealz " the higher the number the cooler the plug , , whats the manual sayin, ?

BR8 is fine its the standard plug.

The 9 can stand higher chamber temperatures for sustained high speed work (on a dt?).

Downside is they make it harder to start.

I will just subtly add.

IT WILL MAKE NO, REPEAT NO, THAT IS UTTERLY COCK ALL difference to the bikes performance (power wise) whichever plug you pick.

For the benefit of the 125 tuning gurus/mates that know best but have never even touched a motorcycle.

• Like 3

Then fit 9. I just googled it tbh.

Plugs are something i swap out regularly. Changing from 8 to 9 you wont notice. But an old plug swapped for new makes a big difference.

Waiting till they are dead will waste fuel and hp.

I know the DT125R I bought new in 1988 had a BR9ES fitted as standard and it listed a 9 as the standard plug in the owners manual. Even with running in and pottering around town I had no issues with plug fouling and starting so I left the 9 in. The NGK application book says DT125 1988-2004 BR9ES as the standard plug.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online