Mt07 or hornet?

vayduh
This post is 3211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been quiet (lurking and enjoying the YBR over winter)

Now passed A licence and looking to move up to a bigger bike.

Torn between a new MT07 abs and a slightly old Honda Hornet abs.

I know I'm on a Yammy site but would welcome any thoughts that more experienced heads may have on the matter.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It'll all come down to personal choice in the end and how much youre prepared to apy for a bike

Cant really go wrong with either of the 3 bikes, look at service intervals, prices of common spares, insurance

Good luck with whatever you go for

Try and get a test ride on each bike. Something that you like the look of may not fit ! Maybe the seat isnt any good or footpegs are akward. Seat height too high or something completely different.

As neversaydie wrote they are all good bikes & you wont go wrong with any of them.

Dont forget nearly new XJ6s with low miles will be £1000s cheaper than either an MT07 or Hornet new or used.

The XJ6 is an astonishing bit of kit, which is more than the sum of the parts.

Yep I am looking at them right now. I did want to buy from the dealer (had a good experience there) but I think it's going to be ebay / auto trader.

I instantly liked the XJ6. I know I could learn to like the MT07 but I think it will be the XJ6 for the first bigger bike.

I prefer the naked look over fully faired. I prefer the noise of the twin over inline 4.

The XJ6 really is more than the sum of its parts based on just a 40 minute test ride today.

I prefer the noise of the twin over inline 4.

Think you got this wrong :spin2:

Yep I am looking at them right now. I did want to buy from the dealer (had a good experience there) but I think it's going to be ebay / auto trader.

I instantly liked the XJ6. I know I could learn to like the MT07 but I think it will be the XJ6 for the first bigger bike.

I prefer the naked look over fully faired. I prefer the noise of the twin over inline 4.

The XJ6 really is more than the sum of its parts based on just a 40 minute test ride today.

Just checking which you mean: XJ6 is inline 4, MT-07 is inline twin [as opposed to V-twin].

Also, the XJ6 definitely comes in a naked version too, which also can have ABS.

I am with you on naked vs faired, as you can see from my bike:

0ThmhdZm.jpg

[i really disliked the look of the Divi version]

Yep I preferred everything about the MT07 to the Diversion other than the ride itself.

I am looking at various XJ6s. I prefer the look of the naked for sure and I see a few abs examples (not much though). I have seen more diversion or diversion f examples with abs. I would probably be ok with a fairer or half faired example although I have been wondering (and googling) whether it would be possible to get to the naked look from the diversion should I get one.

That's a nice bike. Does yours have ABS? Selling? ;)

Ideally Vtwin naked for me. The only thing I dislike about the XJ is the cheap swing arm. That is what put me off buying one.

I think I will end up being a bike a year type so hopefully time and opportunity to try different things.

I did prefer the VTwin but I think the XJ6 will be the better beginners bike from the off.

Ye pays yer money and take yer chances I guess. If I change my mind I can change the bike.

V twins deliver power in a different way. I looked at XJ's but ended up buying a FZ8. Naked, no ABS. As you say.. You pay your money.

V twins deliver power in a different way. I looked at XJ's but ended up buying a FZ8. Naked, no ABS. As you say.. You pay your money.

Struth mate. Buying a bike naked. Hope it was a warm day.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online