New here

This post is 3263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all New here and new to yamaha's

i have bought myself a nice DT 125 RE which i took out green laning yesterday, which i got to say what great fun that was.

but as some bad things do happen when your off the road I am now in need of a new headlight lens as a stone went straight through it

but what i want to know did they make a plastic version of the lens and is there a guard i could buy for it also as i will be green laning most weekends and do not want to replace that every time i go out lol

thank you for listening me and will be looking forward to hearing from you

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi j/v " I don't know about the 125re , bit modern for me.. Answers will comeforth ,,, :jossun:

There isn't a plastic version that I know of, and a replacement one certainly isn't cheap!

I'm going for a polisport Halo on my X, which is the same as your bike but with supermoto wheels.

Hi JV, welcome to the YOC, back in the day we used to cut a piece of stainless rack to fit but they do sell stuff like this that you can adapt to fit. triumph-bonneville-thruxton-7-headlamp-s

Welcome ! And you even got a couple of sensible replies !!

Don't worry,it won't last !!

Enjoy your bike !!

Hi all thanks for the replies much appreciated

Also I want to make my bike better at hill climbs as whilst we was enduring on Sunday I notice I would bog out going up hills no matter which gear I was in so became very frustrating when the only way was up a steep hill

At the moment the bike has got a 57t rear sprocket (just fitted by myself on Saturday jt sprocket) and it's got a 17t front but I do have a 16t which I believe to be the standard size

Would putting it on the 16t make it more torque'y bottom end

I don't want to lose to much top end as we travel about 20miles just to go green laning

Finner do you have a picture of this light your getting as I am debating about changing for a universal one for the time being

Cheers for your help guys and gals

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=230830363775&alt=web

That's a link to it, matches my color scheme quite well I think!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online