Adrian Flux.....?????

Noise
This post is 3169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Still a "charge" on your c/card and that article said that "any" charge could be considered "excessive"? Don't know till you try do you, what's the worst they can say NO, so F**K THEM. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got hit with something similar on my YBR.

Went to cancel it the other week, only to have them say "and you'll owe us £93"

After a lot of digging through the various documents they sent - and it's not even in an obvious document - there's a tiny table that states that cancelling the policy requires a portion of the remainder to still be paid.

And, after 8 months, you are required to pay the full year's insurance. [From 6 to 8 months, you need to have paid 11 months].

It is daylight, legal, robbery. Plain and simple.

Looking at my bikesure policy for the XJ6, it has the same thing. [it's on page 24 of my booklet]

Yer i spose i can give it a bash, thing is i sold the XJ the other day as it was a unreliable piece of shit so had to cancel the insurance on that last night (i have no bikes on the road :() this policy was with Swinton and again i paid this monthly and you never guess how much i had to pay to cancel it...............................£12!!!!

If they do classic bike or custom bike insurance im going with them when the chop is ready, i mean they answered the phone within 3 mins so no lengthy waiting times listening to shit on hold music and all i had to do is give them basic details and it was done and dusted within 10 minutes :thumb:

Swinton 1 - 0 Adrian Flux

I have always liked swintons. I think they started off as uni insurers. I have had my main bike mostly insured with them over the years but this year they were too expensive by far.

Bikes are the first time I've ever had to pay to cancel insurance policies. I've had to do it a few times in the past with cars, and I've always ended up getting reimbursements. And I've always paid monthly.

First time for me too. If confronted with it again I will be doing what I did this time. Transfer to a new policy. They waived the fee if I did that. Then cancel immediately (you have 14 days to cancel) for a full refund less what you have used. Worked out for me this time although I used 10 days worth of insurance - which was great as I wanted to test ride a few bikes in that time anyway.

• Like 1

Well it was worth the effort!

"Dear Mr Raquet

We refer to the recent cancellation of your policy on vehicle Y*** ***and can advise that we have issued a refund of the £25.00 cancellation fee.
This amount has been refunded to the credit/debit card used to pay for this policy, ***************3. Please note this refund may take 3 to 5 working days to show in your account.

Yours sincerely

Tom Watson"

At least now i can put petrol in the car and get to work thanks for the info Clarke :thumb:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you got a result :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

This last year seems to have been a big thing for Insurance companies to turn all anal retentive.... 

I took out a policy with Carol Nash, but they sent me the docs with the wrong start date. So, rang them up, and apparently to "Change" the start date, they had to cancel my policy (for which they already took a deposit). Transferred me to their sales team who then setup a "new" policy as they couldn't just amend a date.... :banghead:

As these are pay monthly, they will then hit your "Credit Report" as finance inqueries, so if you go for finance on anything, these policies will be shown. 

So my advice, if they are getting a finance quote for them insuring you and your payment reschedule, speak to their customer services and request they remove the credit search from your Credit History.

If they refuse or tell you they can't, then complain to the Ombudsman, as they are adversley effecting your credit rating. So do the likes of "comparethemarket etc, as they leave trails on your Credit Report too. 

**latest update** 

I am still waiting for the original deposit refund a week later

Edited by Silkk

So has this case been closed!!??? HELL FUCK NO!!!

So on the 28th May I paid my debt to Adrian flux, but they failed to inform the debt people who sent me letters saying I still owe the money. So I ring them and tell them I paid it and sent a screen shot of my online banking showing that it's been paid The End???

NOPE!!!!

Letter through the door today from the same dept collector saying legal action will be commencing in 7 days with ccj and bailiffs .

Right......ring the fuckers up, via bike sure, low and behold my debt was paid but bike sure failed to inform the debt agents .

Thankfully my name is finally clear.

I hope........

You should ask for compensation for the unnecessary stress and anxiety they've caused you...

I have written to Lee at Bike sure expressing my opinion on this matter but im still waiting for a response, but i know that he hardly comes on here that much so i will just wait.

There was a while on the V-Strom forum when Bikesure were really active until some members had issues with their policies then all went silent. Hopefully Lee will get back to you soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online