yz problem

This post is 3257 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have a yz80 with a problem that iv tyred every thing to fix just dnt seem work right when she starts rev in nutral it revs and sound fine soon as you put it in gear revs drop and it's really sluggish to pull of put on full and just starts to bog for a sec then it comes to life and front ends up can eny o e tell me y it's like that when you pull off if you keep revs up high it's like a rocket but if you dnt it's really sluggish

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cos its a yz80.

Its what they do. Subtle and smooth are not used to describe a yz.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... This is me talking straight off the bat. No guarantee anything I write is fact or useful.

Because its such a small engine you may need to slip the clutch a bit more than you think to get a smoother pull away.

Or it may be as Cynic says and its just a trait of that type of bike.

But try slipping the clutch a wee bit more first. It will really annoy the neighbours.......

• Like 1

Neighbours. Its a mx bike. Full blood rip your nuts off leave your brains at the start line mx.

It will rev to maybe 12000rpm and make cock all power till 9. Below 5 prob wont even pull away.

It is meant to spend its entire life either on or spinning the rear wheel.

(Moved to proper place)

• Like 1

as above . you could try dropping the needle one notch as it sounds like its running rich at the bottom end and bogging the motor. check your reeds and make sure they are closing as with use they can get lazy in old age aswell

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online