XS 250 CARBS

davidmhulme
This post is 3265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anybody have any tips on how to stop the bike cutting out on tickover. The carbs have been rebuilt,fueling checked and the tickover speed altered, now at 1600rpm. It still cuts out after riding and then stopping at lights and is difficult to start again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Define rebuilt...

No idle means blocked idle jets. Or idle speed set wrong.

could be your choke is sticking on, could be a lot of things try new plugs check the timing, points etc I always had trouble with the points on mine, do you have an inline fuel filter if not your carbs may need cleaning again!

edit oh have you checked the vacuum pipe from tank to carb for splits and that the carbs are fitted correctly

Ahhh, the good old XS250, I owned one for about 3yrs and spent many happy minutes of hassle free riding in those 3 years....Burn It

Seriously matey, I'm with Tommy here, check your points are spotlessly clean and set correctly

• Like 1

Could have been worse jimmy. Could have been a Z250

• Like 2

Or an MZ 250 :eusa_shifty: , is it cutting out Only when engine warm ? ,if so am with the choke not seating,. it will only have the choke on 1 carb is that right ? , tommo ?

Hey blackhat250 !! I had a MZ250ETZ !! Best wee bike I ever had. It even waterproofed my Right Boot with oil as I rode along...

Started every time. Regardless of weather or temperature.

Only sold it when I got my first XJ600 Pre Diversion.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online