Lightmode helmet kit (Tron mode activate)

Karas288
This post is 3237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look and see what you think: http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/blue-light-use/

I'm gonna go with a big, resounding, Gene Hunty voice saying, "No you may not, ya flippin' Power-Rangin' fairy. Now on yer bike an' on yer way...'fore I come round yer 'ouse an' stomp on all yer tools!" :lol:

• Like 1

Ah but that's about modifications to vehicles not to safety equipment or clothing and besides the kit comes in various colours hence why I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

Ok so "if" EL lighting can't be legally added to helmets in the UK what about jackets and trousers etc because personally I think this type lighting would actually help with a rider's visibility to other road user's (it's not just because I like the look of it. Safety first).

Thanks for the reply and the way you put it you've made my day Ttaskmaster.

And thank you Captf I'm eager to hear what the police think of the idea.

I didn't realise there was somewhere you could e-mail them to ask questions about stuff like that learn something new everyday thank you :-)

As long as it has a BS kite mark and has been tested by ROSPA then yes it's legal, BUT you need to be fairly sure your mates don't see you wearing it cos they will rip you a new arse hole. :biglaugha:

• Like 3

Ok, this will help visibility.

Really, as someone wearing hi viz vest over my jacket with reflective piping. Hi viz motorway spec reflective over trousers and my lights on people STILL pull out/ infront of/ across me. Pretty much the same as when not wearing it all.

None of that fairy light junk will make any odds and you will look a prat as a bonus.

• Like 1

Ah but that's about modifications to vehicles not to safety equipment or clothing and besides the kit comes in various colours hence why I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

If it is a light of any kind, there are very specific rules covering colour, location and permitted users.

You'd have to make it a colour that is permitted - Blue is a big no-no, whether you display it front, back or side, especially if it's flashing blue.

You could conceivably make it a steady orange - Some US bikes have both indicators permanently on, only flashing when you hit the turn switch, and there's no problem with using those over here.