Wr426 wheel conversion

Hitchen187
This post is 3121 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya guys im after some advice i want to supermoto my bike without the daft cost of supermoto wheels are there any wheels i could use like tzr wheels something like that any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can just buy some SM rims and use your original hubs.

Problem with changing the whole wheel is that you have to modify things like brake calipers and mountings. Plus you have wheel spacers to think about and sprockets / discs etc. You can pick rims up fairly cheap on eBay

• Like 2

You might even luck out on some damaged rims, you don't want mint just the hubs.

Junk the damage rebuild/paint the hubs and re lace em.

Cheap sm set.

tzr wheels will have a lot smaller axle in them. i had a yz250 that i fitted fzr400 wheels into but it was a pain getting spacers made up. as the guys said pick up a set of s/h mx wheels and convert them. make sure you check the axle dia as yamaha changed them around 03/04 and made them bigger. 125/250/426 all ran the same sizes each year.

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online