any TV engineers on here?

drewpy
This post is 3239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

got an LG 42lg3000 and need to repair it.

Are there any TV engineers who can identify what the issue is with this TV?

hopefully its the T-Con

Drewps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try this,

Component video inputs: Make sure your cables are connected correctly at both ends according to the green/blue/red color code. If you still have problems, try a different set of cables. Component video color is carried on three separate cables. If your blue cable is bad, the picture will be yellowish or greenish. A bad red cable will cause a bluish-green picture, while bad blue and red cables will give a black and white picture. A bad green cable will cause no picture at all.
By the way, if you have a bluish-green picture with a buzz in the sound, your red audio cable and red video cable have been reversed.

I see your problem..................................your watching DAVE. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

.. have you tried turning it off and back on again?

;)

Is it using SCART, HDMI or composite for the connection?

I'd guess HDMI...

Is it affecting all connected sources to the TV? [DVD, Sky, Freeview, whatever?] And are they all fed through the same cable(s)?

• Like 1

ok thank for the replies. (except noise :D )

its on hdmi input from cable, so nothing to do with inputs. also does it with scart too

I've check the T-con cabling in the tv and checked the caps to see if they have blown.

• Like 1

Fine......last time i try and help. :razz:

I'll ask the missus and see if she knows whats wrong with it as thats all she does all day is watch friggin TV :eusa_whistle:

• Like 3

Hi,

I have a TV that started to play up. I did a net search and found out that there had been an issue with this model of TV, I called the manufactures help line and found out that there was a recall that I was not aware of, so even though my TV was well past its warranty they still sent me the replacement part at no charge, could there be a similar solution for your tv?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get your TV sorted?

if not try a factory reset...

From the TV Menu, choose OPTION -> Factory Reset -> Yes (wait for a
few seconds for the TV to download again) -> OSD "WELCOME" appears ->
Press OK button -> Choose Language -> Choose Home -> Select your
Country and Time Zone -> Press OK button.

might be worth a go!

I scrapped it on the end

I used a freezer spray (actually dust buster upside down) and sprayed around the edge of the screen. If the panel was faulty the picture would come back. It did which suggests the panel has broken and was too expensive to renew.

I since bought an LG 47" smart TV, which is very nice

thanks for your ideas though :)

I've an LG smart 3d TV - very impressed but I still haven't worked out all the bits and have never watched anything on 3d. The Magic Mouse controller thing is ace though!

I use a free LG app on my phone, easy to navigate and uses a touch pad for the pointer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online