Fixed - XJ6 Diversion engine cut out

cliverlong
This post is 2987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Just leaving this for info. The XJ6 would cut out 2 or three times within 5 minutes of starting when I was changing up from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. Also the engine warning light (yellow) started to flicker. The mechanic could reproduce the engine cut out by "blipping" the throttle. He put the bike on the diagnostic computer and one of the sensors indicated a "pressure" problem (I think). The fault was a split vacuum hose in the fuel supply (?), shown up by some soapy water on the hose. The hose was replaced and since then no more cut outs or engine light.

Regards,

Clive

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So a vacuum leak, which the Manifold Pressure Sensor detected. Glad it got fixed. I love EFI, it's so much easier to fault find that Carbs [and yes all Yam EFI bikes have easy to access diagnostic modes, so not a closed-shop issue]

• Like 1

Hi,

Just leaving this for info. The XJ6 would cut out 2 or three times within 5 minutes of starting when I was changing up from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. Also the engine warning light (yellow) started to flicker. The mechanic could reproduce the engine cut out by "blipping" the throttle. He put the bike on the diagnostic computer and one of the sensors indicated a "pressure" problem (I think). The fault was a split vacuum hose in the fuel supply (?), shown up by some soapy water on the hose. The hose was replaced and since then no more cut outs or engine light.

Regards,

Clive

Nice one

• 8 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online