78 dt 175 end no we're in sight

Bikeguy55
This post is 3204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok cynic I'm a bit confused because it doesn't seem like the screws would wouldn't fit into their holes if I rotate the stater plate also what do the three text on the stater plate represent I'm not sure what they're supposed to line up with so I don't understand how they work

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The stator plate should have slotted holes [ elongated ] allowng you to move it clockwise & anti, there should be a mark on crankcase, so you know how much advance/ retard,

You don't need to worry on that yet. Were just seeing if adjusting the stator makes a difference. It may do bugger all, if so were one step closer to fixing her. If it does make a big difference were a lot of steps.

The only marks will be one on the plate and one on the rotor with god alone knows how many 'owner' markings. If it makes a difference then we can make new timing marks. If not put it back where it was and move on.

One thing is you cannot in any way hurt a 2 stroke mechanically messing with the timing. Your thinking 4 stroke.

Ummm guys so we already once had a part mixup with the carb so I'm wondering maybe it happened again because there are no elongated slots to rotate my plate. But I don't know for sure of on a 78 dt 175 the plate should be like that. The plate simply has two screw holes. I wanna comfrim my theory though and maybe ine if you could. I'll make another video showing it too you if you'd like

Pictures would be good. Doesn't need to be video.

I noticed your region flag last night.

Its not 12v is it?

The 12v bikes have a different stator.

Easier to ask if its electric start.

• Like 1

Need a picture of the stator then.

Hmm, what does your engine number start with? That looks like a points stator that's been 'modified'. It even looks like the bracket that would hold the oil wiper on the cam just under the crank.

Ok that's a DT175E, 1978.

That has the cdi ig, the earlier 2 coil cdi with a high and low speed trigger circuit.

There are not enough coils on your stator for that system, (same as my dt) and your stator certainly doesent look like mine.

How many wires do you have coming from the stator and what connections do you have at the cdi, I would expect 7 at the cdi and 6 from that stator.

Wait I think the box with two wires is the fuse box which is right under the gas tank and the cdi is in the back of he bike ? The one in the back does have 7 wires: black and white, black,orange, and other black, red, white red and a brown

What you should have on a 175E,

1, 4 pin plug with yellow, white and light blue. (the white is green and white between the plug and the stator.

4 separate wires, red, brown, white and red tracer and a black.

The 4 separate wires above go direct to the cdi nowhere else, with there being a black and white, a black and an orange from the cdi, the b/w being engine stop, orange to the coil and black as the cdi earth.

On the later system the red line is deleted as the cdi can handle the full range with one pick up coil.

• Like 1