thunderace query

steve37
This post is 3236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, newbie here,

I have bought a 98 Thunderace with 5000 miles on it, the bike is mint, runs and rides like a new bike, I noticed something different on the left hand crankcase whilst cleaning it,

on the left hand crankcase (as you sit on the bike) there is a blind hole that mirrors one on the right hand side of the crankcase, the one on the right houses the oil pressure sensor, the one on the left oaccording to pictures in the manual is just a blind hole, however my bike has a bolt in it,

like I say it runs perfect and doesn't cause me any concern, just noticed this bolt ???????????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Maybe the PO had an extra bolted to it and when he traded it he kept it? Oil temp gauge or something. As long as it don't leak of fart air out of the hole leave well enough alone.

I'm 99% certain the Ace doesn't have a oil-pressure sensor, so the bolt can't mirror that.

Photos of things always help, as do proper introductions in the new members area......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online