New (old) bike...

GazzyG
This post is 3271 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

FJR was just too good all-round, so decided to get rid and get back to basics with an old school beast.

a0FuL8z.jpg?1

1981 XS1100 Midnight Special. Bought her from an enthusiast who looked after her very well. I hope to do him justice, but at the same time this bike is going to get RIDDEN.

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The old XS gaz, very nice, Yams biggest bike back then, :jossun:, before that the XS750 triple, 45bhp. :eusa_doh:.The XS650 twin was good,,

I ran an XS1100 back in the day and enjoyed it greatly. The rubber frame was an 'experience' when battering on......

2_zps7d209dc0.jpg

Great bike, took the wife and I all over Britain and Ireland, including a dash from Galway to Belfast (about 180mls) to catch a ferry with only 3 cylinders going. Diagnosed a cracked coil when back home, and I would love another one

• Like 2

Cheers guys!

Really enjoying it thus far. A sturdy beast of a machine.

The acid test will be Friday when I take it on a long tour of the continent, haha!