Bank holiday weekend

finnerz89
This post is 3248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering what everyone's up to this weekend?

Any good rideouts planned?

I'm hoping to get some hours in stripping down my DT [emoji106]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip, I'm up very early tomorrow for a 0245hrs pick up and off to Tenerife with a few of my pals from the Rugby Club

• Like 1

That is early Jimmy, I'd be tempted by pro plus and staying up

nothing planned, there is a custom and food show in Preston on Sunday but don't fancy it tbh

next Sunday is the Houghton Tower sprint which is ace

usual bank holiday for me fookin decorating ...... never mind after this weekend only the kitchen to go

Know the feeling, it's what I should be doing. No rush though, the Mrs won't move in till it's done!

Same here Bindie, if the weathers nice she has got me paint for the fence (18 panels), if its raining its the lounge (only one wall though to finish), its a hard decision do I want rain or sun...

• Like 1

Most of my work has been on the cars.

Mini truck needs a new front lower suspension arm, mitsubishi sent me the wrong side, phoned them and they've sent me the correct side and told me not to worry about sending the wrong one back (bonus!)

FTO is having a new sill fitted to replace it's current dented one (good excuse to practice my tig welding), aswell as a new spoiler and paint repair on the bumper.

FJ1200 is somewhere over the back of the airfield at work, haven't seen it for a few weeks.

Still haven't touched the DT125Lc engine, despite having new bearings and seals ready to go.

Have too many toys and not enough time -.-

Ahh what a situation to be in [emoji14]

I've had a busy weekend so far, got the DT down to frame:

290fbca7bd64bd87ee6d164f62e4824f.jpg

And ate a shed load of carvery today, success!

As a kid I lived very near to Brooklands race track, spent a lot of summers days playing on the banked part of the track and avoiding what was then the Vickers Armstong security staff. Thought I would go back as a paying visitor ( too old to dodge security ) and take a look at some of the bikes, there was an old police patrol car there today, the current owner told me that it was based near the Ace cafe and spent most of its time chasing " the ton up boys" as the raced along the north circular, hope it didn't catch too many.

20150504_132403_zpsy00vokwx.jpg

20150504_124047_zpsedeov8iv.jpg

20150504_121101_zpsxjbxks8i.jpg

20150504_121047_zpspoihliud.jpg

20150504_115512_zpsrghk71ju.jpg

20150504_115238_zpscgl2ocar.jpg

20150504_115150_zpsmgecpwdw.jpg

20150504_115124_zpscbdzxria.jpg

20150504_115025_zpsgk9tu4kg.jpg

• Like 3

Went gawsworth hall today. They had a dart at the classic car show. Think it used to chase villains in the day

Went gawsworth hall today. They had a dart at the classic car show. Think it used to chase villains in the day

bloody hell, missed that one.

just nipped into Rivi for a brew and watch peeps trying to work out what make my bike is :eusa_whistle:

Didn't think I was going to make it out this Bank Holiday but managed to get out on Monday.

Original plan was a short blast around the Peak District, but midway over Snake Pass I decided I was bored of the place, so swung a left off it towards Strines and off towards Leeds - through that and onto Skipton then swing off up to Grassington and Hawes then Sedburgh and then I don't really know...

Found my way home eventually. Over 8 hours of twisty delights and around 300 miles. Whoops... Even managed to take flight on one occasion thanks to the Streets ridiculously unforgiving suspension. Great fun.

• Like 4

Sounds like a good ride Bip, I'll have to join you sometime! Yet to do any of the Peaks really.

How are you finding the street with the bar risers now?

Yeah it was a good ride - some beautiful roads up in the Dales, I'll definitely head back there.

Sure thing, happy to show you some of the fun roads around the Peak, just give me a shout!

Bar risers are good thanks. I'm used to them now so don't notice them as much as when they first went on. They're dirt cheap, well made and stopped the tingling numbness in my left hand so I'd definitely buy them again.

Awesome!

I'm considering some, planning a trip to Europe in August, worried about comfort a bit!

My left hand gets achey sometimes, which ones did you get?

Ahh cool - where about are you heading? Are you going with anyone else? Will be a great experience for you! It's something I want to plan at some point in the future but will likely do it it solo as I haven't got any biking buddy's, ha ha!

I got these, http://www.tripletek.eu/20mm-spacer-kit/4586581860 - think they do ones for your model. From a comfort perspective I'm sure you'll be fine, especially with that Tony Archer seat! I guess it depends on how many miles you're planning on crunching out, but however many, just build up to it. After my SaddleSore 1000, I'm now planning to do the SaddleSore 2000 so need to get all the practice in to build up my stamina on that bike... No doubt the Tiger would be far more comfortable, but you have to make do with what you've got eh?!

Original plan was a short blast around the Peak District, but midway over Snake Pass I decided I was bored of the place

I actually had a trip out over Snake Pass on Monday visting The [ex-]Housemate in Sheffield [first time in that direction! :D]

It was a bit packed - mainly of cars - so I can see why you'd get bored of it.

Highlights included a car just in front deciding to emergency stop at the start of a straight stretch for no discernable reason what-so-ever.

Probably a squirrel...

Well if you went over Snake Pass you went past my house, Capt!

I always head out early when I want a ride around the Peak as it does get incredibly packed. Leave early enough and take enough side roads and you can really enjoy it. I can tell you of a few roads to try if ever you head there again.