clutch diagnosis dt 125 lc mk 1

pablo0874
This post is 3250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

That's normal Pablo ", bikes are non syncromesh gears, you can shift without clutch, try it when riding , going up the box , I clutch coming down thru gears,..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great videos example lains a lot .well took crankcase of earlier and discovered as u said airhead plates all stuck together solid with rust rubbed them down oil on them and back in basket and clutch seems to be working as it should now in and out on cable. The only problem I have now is the kick start mechanism popped out and every time I put it back as the Haynes manual states I can't seem to get the crankcase back on. Doesn't seem to close tight .and finding it hard to match the cogs on the water and oil pump up to the cog in there when putting back together .is there a technique to it all .cheers

you need to be careful with the kickstart mech. You'll no doubt see a white plastic bushing under the spring. on the face of this bushing there are cutouts that go around the end of the spring, if the bushing is turned a little the end of the spring will not be sitting in the cutouts and this makes the whole assembly wider by the thickness of the spring...so the engine cover doesn't seat properly.

Sorted that now case back together clutch to worn though to take up the drive does take it up though have to rev the hell out of the bike though to get it move a little but never the less it did move there are a few other issues with the running of the bike I think so it would need engine out and a few new parts putting in .it is a project anyway so not in a rush to complete its been three years since I started with a frame and found all the other parts to go in so for me not knowing nothing about bikes and to coma as far as starting it up and it moving just that little made me feel that it hasn't been a waste of time up to now.so I think its time to strip it down back to frame and start again and document it all this time for a post on here cheers airhead .blackhat

Too worn ? is it slipping , how did the plates look? I think its not installed correct , :eusa_think:

Sorted that now case back together clutch to worn though to take up the drive does take it up though have to rev the hell out of the bike though to get it move a little but never the less it did move there are a few other issues with the running of the bike I think so it would need engine out and a few new parts putting in .it is a project anyway so not in a rush to complete its been three years since I started with a frame and found all the other parts to go in so for me not knowing nothing about bikes and to coma as far as starting it up and it moving just that little made me feel that it hasn't been a waste of time up to now.so I think its time to strip it down back to frame and start again and document it all this time for a post on here cheers airhead .blackhat

Sorry last post reposted. To answer your question blackhat The plates were really stuck to get here to begin with and had to separate pry apart one of the plastic or fibre looking plates the ones with the raised squares on them was cracked slightly. The rest were quite flat and not raised at all which I presume should be a bit higher for the grip .or am I wrong?

Sorry airhead I thought I explained in the post .tired when writing it.sorted I meant I got the case back on yes it was what you said the kick start spring needed locating properly with the plastic bush in the centre and then it went on no problems. There are no rubber rings in between plates just a metal plate and black friction or plastic type 5 metal and 6 plastic type. Once installed and got the bike running kicked into gear then clutch let out but have to rev the bike to Max to make it move ever so slowly no strange noises or anything neither. I think the timing is not right on the bike .as I don't have the timing tool to correctly set it.its running but just doesn't sound right. So I'm guessing this would not help if that's the case.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online